PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: inbound routing
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

ingound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This may or may not relate to a thread that I posted earlier where the inbound route is followed for PSTN calls but not SIP calls coming from the same provider as the registered trunk.

If I have a trunk registered for example 123456@sip.supernettel.com , the server at sip.supernettel.com can successfully send a call every time, however if that server also sends calls via a second IP address, they MAY not follow the inbound route correctly. I have tested this in the following way.

inbound route trunk name is 123456 (example only) , registered to 123456@sip.supernettel.com
I can send a call from sip.supernettel.com , but dialing to the URI of 123456@www2.pbxes from xlite (registered to FWD) , yields a recording on an unrelated PBX.

This routing should work REGARDLESS of the originating IP, with the following case in point:
Many providers send calls from an IP address different from the registration IP address.

I believe what is happening is that the PBX server is allowing that inbound route to be used only from the IP address from which it is registered to for that particular trunk.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 06.11.2006 at 07:11.

06.11.2006 07:08 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: inbound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today I deleted the thread that you posted ealier because it apparently had nothing to do with PBXes, according to the logs that you posted there.

What you described here - dialing a URI from an extension - is not suitable for testing a registered trunk.

Additionally I want to remind you of another one of your ealier threads, http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=776 which belongs to the same subject.

06.11.2006 13:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: