PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: "you registered more than one account" email, but I didn't!!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dpc

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
"you registered more tha one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've received this kind of e-mail:

Hi,

you registered more than one account (dpctech) at PBXes. This is not conforming to our Terms of Service. You can upgrade the additional account(s)

****** (name of the account that is not mine)

to Premium within the next 3 days. Otherwise we will disable it/them.
Thanks for your cooperation.

But I only have one premium account and one personal, can you please explain me the problem and contact me by email?

01.11.2007 14:44 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As far as I know they allow you only to have 1 account paid or free. I don't know if you are allowed a free account next to your paid account.

You would have a problem if for example you would like to conncet 1 sip phone to both account. pbxes will not allow this.

You might want to mail them and ask if 1 account is for business use and paid for and another one is used at home. Maybe you have to use a different mail address for this account.

01.11.2007 18:05 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Bob I got only 1 business account premium and 1 personal account. The other account they say it's mine, it isn't.
I couldn't find their email so I don't know how to contact them.

I hope someone of the staff write me an email to explain.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dpc on 01.11.2007 at 20:23.

01.11.2007 20:21 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: "you registered more tha one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The reason why you received the email is PBXes database stated that you have been using the two accounts.

01.11.2007 22:47 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

But is not true!
The account you talk about on the email is not mine!
You have to explain me why you say this and prove it.
I have only this 2 accounts:

DPCTECH (business premium)
ALEK (personal)

Please check again cause you can't close my accounts, I'm paying for it.

01.11.2007 23:03 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: "you registered more tha one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There is a misunderstanding of our email. The software will not disable account dpctech. Premium accounts never get disabled because of registering or using additional accounts.

01.11.2007 23:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

Maybe I found the problem. Chipsoft is a domain I host in my dedicated server but it isn't mine. One of my customer called me for this problem. He can't make another account because you've blocked his trunk, can you solve this problem?
I repeat check the details of that account is not mine.

07.11.2007 10:08 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
dpc

Have you checked?

09.11.2007 17:33 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

For getting the account of your customer unblocked please upgrade it to premium.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 07.01.2008 at 16:04.

12.11.2007 17:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

Dear I-P-Tel but it's unbelievable that my customer has to pay for your mistakes!
He has only one account and you've blocked it believing it was mine.
Hi has a domain in my server but nothing more. His free pbxes account has nothing to do with mine.
YOU should unlock it without paying anything, it's your fault.
Don't you think?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dpc on 12.11.2007 at 20:18.

12.11.2007 20:03 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
dpc

Dear I-P-Tel,
I bought premium account for 1 motnh for my customer but everytime he tries to get in his account he receive this messagge:

Your account was blocked. Reason can be a violation of our terms of service or failure to make a payment. If you want us to restore your account please make a donation of 50 Euros.

First of all it's absourd he has to pay, but ok only for a month.
Please unlock his account and check better the next time you decide to close one.

14.11.2007 08:31 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

You will be able to use the account as long as it is premium. There is no way to make this a free account.

14.11.2007 10:53 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

I-P-TEl
you got to explain ME how can you say that I've used that account. It's impossible!
Anyway I've paid the premium account for my customer and you canceled his premium upgrade without a reason. And beside that you didn't send back my money
Can you please tell me what are you doing?
I want an explanation to know WHY you say that the account is mine.
This is not a good service, I have premium account for a long time but right now I'm think I'll close it if this is the support.

I'm really deceptioned

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dpc on 14.11.2007 at 11:06.

14.11.2007 10:59 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Pfeil RE: "you registered more tha one account" email, but I didn't!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have not cancelled your premium upgrade. Please have a look at the Wiki/FAQ regarding PayPal issues.

14.11.2007 19:47 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dpc

Dear I-P-Tel,

• So you cancel an account without reason? Good SPOT for you company!
  • Ok I've read the FAQ regarding Paypal payments, but STILL you didn't gave me back my money.
  • There's a way to make my customer pay directly to you for his premium account? Why I have to pay for him/her, I got nothing to do with this person, I only host a domani to him/her.
  • He cannot upgrade to premium by his own?

15.11.2007 09:58 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
dpc

I'm still waiting for my refund

19.11.2007 08:14 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
bob

Very interesting thread to read on how to do customer support.

The last years I have learned a lot in this way from USa companies. Sure not everything they do can be translated to a european situation but there are some good thing.

In caes like this typical US customer support would not make a problem, no questions asked the account will be unblocked. Customers happy meaning no negative feedback on the service.
The other thing is also, now ip-tel has to spent time = money here to answer questions from an unhappy customer.
A CEO of a USA company told me it's very simple. Almost all of our complaints get the option new product or a refund. Simply because spending to much time on a complaint cost more and more important you have unhappy customers.

Many european companies could learn a lot from this system.

PBXES is a great system and sure the free accounts are free and it's a good service which is being offered. At the moment there are not many options om competing services therefore customers don't really have much choice. This can make a company arrogant sometimes and you have to beware of this.
Voip is a growing market and more services like this will become available and at that point when you have an unhappy customers he will just say, up your's I'll go to another provider.
Keeping your customer happy is the best advertising you will get. They will speak positive about your service to people they know, hence they could write on forums and this is all free publicity.
The above thread is really an example of bad publicity and an unhappy customer.

19.11.2007 09:37 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dpc

Right Bob,
I think it's really absourd that Pbxes close an account giving no explanation.
Beside that they sent the email to me not their customer.
This guy right now had to pay for premium account, and I've pay for him 5,45 euros.

I think Pbxes should explain me WHY they suppose that the account is mine. Check it better, right an email to the other guy and apologies for bad "query" they prepare for their DB.

At the moment the only thing I think is: if they did this to a person, next time they could make the same error with me!

19.11.2007 09:43 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

alternatives Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, there indeed aren't that much alternatives. But I found this one:

http://www.switchvox.com/sv?page=hosted_edition_faq

I'm very interested in when someone will offer this!
I installed the free edition on a local machine and it's really amazing.

20.11.2007 15:01 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
bob

I have looked at other options but at the moment pbxes is the best solutions.

You can setup your own virtual sever and install trixbox or any other asterisk based package but this is not a plug and play solution.

I did see somoe companies offering this plug and play but at 35$ a month it's more expensive than pbxes.

Another advantage seems to be that they have different locations and when there is a problem in 1 locations your can change your config an go to antoher server.

It's a great service, but this said, the things I read in this thread do not make me happy on how some customers are treated. But in the end it's up to anyone how they want to run their business.

20.11.2007 15:26 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: