PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Shared Lines?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mem

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello. Is there a way to achieve shared lines here?
I use Polycom Soundpoint IP500s and was hping I could achieve this. Thank you.

24.10.2007 04:42 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Fragezeichen RE: Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Please describe what you mean by "shared lines" functionality.

25.10.2007 01:33 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bny

RE: Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by memo
Hello. Is there a way to achieve shared lines here?
I use Polycom Soundpoint IP500s and was hping I could achieve this. Thank you.

SLA - Shared Line Appearance

Shared Call Appearances: SLAs allow you to place a call on hold at one set and pick it up easily at another set.
Bridged Line Appearance: BLA allows multiple devices to share a single directory number.

from http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+SLA

i would need that too. its very common in the states in soho offices.
it should work like this. i have an ongoing call on line1 (lets say a trunk) which is indicated on a led on my snom. all other phones have the same function key lit up.
if somebody wants to join this call he/she picks up the phone and presses that line button.
to transfer a call would simple be to put it on hold. another coworker can just select that line 1 button to take that call.

this feature goes hand in hand with intercom.

office example:

1. bob calls the office
2. assistant picks up, bob wants to talk to peter.
3. assistant puts bob on hold.
4. he intercoms peter asking if he would like to talk to bob.
5. peter says yes. peter pushes the flashing line 1 button to take the call.

got it?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bny on 25.10.2007 at 05:08.

25.10.2007 04:17 bny is offline Search for Posts by bny Add bny to your Buddy List
mem

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you bny. You explained it very well. I hope we can get this running it would really help out. And I never thought of it, but I guess it is more of a soho thing. We are a five person organization.

25.10.2007 05:45 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Pfeil RE: Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As you describe SLA it's just another name for other features already present in PBXes.

With the status display you can barge into a call by dragging icons. See the help screen there for further info.

The office example you mention is an attended transfer. You don't need to use the ## code. Many SIP phones like the Grandstream ones allow you to use a TRANSFER button for both attended and blind transfers.

There are also codes for pickup and call parking. I have once put the pickup codes on the LED keys. At the moment I am not sure if pickup only works for an incoming call still ringing or also calls that have been put on hold.

27.10.2007 23:41 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The SLA actually makes the whole thing simpler. At least on the user end.

If I am on a call, I hit hold and my coworker can simply pick up the line and speak to the person. No transferring or any other key presses. And you don't have to worry about extension numbers.

The status display and barge function isn't available to every user. Transfer seem to be the only option but much more involved.

As far as I have seen the call pick up doesn't work on calls on hold. I would gladly do some testing. Is there anything specific you would like me to try?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 09.05.2008 at 13:05.

28.10.2007 20:53 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for finding out that call on hold could not be picked up. This should work now (after clicking "Submit & Start" in "Personal Data").

If there is no call to pick up the extension will be paged. Paging is not supported by all devices. It should work with Aastra, Grandstream, Linksys and Snom.

02.11.2007 22:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bny

memo did you get this to work?

06.12.2007 08:26 bny is offline Search for Posts by bny Add bny to your Buddy List
mem

This other post was closed and referred to here.
http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1209719128

I am not completely sure that they are the same thing, but either way I haven't been able to get it to work. Been messing around with extensions all night. Didn't sleep and now I have to go to work, but no closer to having an intercom or shared lines or bridged lines. Don't know what to do at this point.

02.05.2008 16:49 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Fragezeichen RE: Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What happens when you dial **ext.? Does it just ring like in a normal call?

05.05.2008 21:11 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

Yes. It simply rings. I am going to test different scenarios... Softphone vs Polycom IP phone to see if anything changes.

05.05.2008 21:53 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Shared Lines? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have fixed a bug. Does it work now or still just ring?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 05.05.2008 at 22:20.

05.05.2008 22:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

YES!!! It is working now. Wonderful. Thank you.

05.05.2008 22:25 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
mem

Awesomeness. Thank you again!

Ok, so now that we have intercom working, is there anything we can do about shared lines or bridged lines?

09.05.2008 08:18 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
qii
Premium Account

Registration Date: 19.10.2012

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p
What happens when you dial **ext.? Does it just ring like in a normal call?

I am using a Grandstream GXV3000. I have set the line "Auto Answer: Enable Paging/Intercom". When I dial **(ext) such as "**22" it just rings that extension as normal rather than intercom. Please advise.

14.05.2013 13:13 qiiring is offline Search for Posts by qiiring Add qiiring to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: