PBXes » English » Bugs »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dke

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Infinite loop registering to SPA3000 Voip-PSTN Gateway Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to setup a Sipura SPA3000 to use as a Voip to PSTN gateway for local calls. I think I have found a bug in your trunk registration process.

I setup a trunk to connect to the VoIP gateway on the SPA3000. pbx.i-p-tel.com sends a REGISTER request to the SPA3000, but this is not supported and a '501 Not Implemented" message is returned. Attempts to make any call through this route get a "all circuits are busy now"

Meanwhile the PBX continues to attempt to REGISTER, and The Sipura continues to reply "not implemented". EVEN IF I DELETE THE TRUNK, the PBX continues to attempt to register. I tried to add another trunk with different userid... now it too is in an infinite loop attempting to register with my SPA3000. looks to me like the trunk initialization is looping and in this state is not even able to delete itself.

It should be possible to setup a trunk that does not need to REGISTER. Authentication can take place after the INVITE.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dke on 04.03.2006 at 14:38.

02.03.2006 23:13 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Infinite loop registering to SPA3000 Voip-PSTN Gateway Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hopefully the REGISTERs to your line have stopped now.

To know your IP address the PBX will allow REGISTERs from your SPA 3000. There is no need for dyndns or stuff like that.

Best regards,
Pascal

03.03.2006 14:25 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dke

registers have stopped Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you, REGISTERs have now stopped.

Yes, the PBX will accept REGISTERS from my SPA-3000 as extensions. That is working. However, I want to use the SPA-3000 as an outbound trunk and route local calls through it. How can I do that? There is no way to set up an outbound route with an "extension" as the destination, nor is there a way to setup a trunk with an extension as the desitination.

The SPA-3000 has both an FXS and FXO port. Asterisk can use the FXS port as an extension and the FXO port as a trunk. The VoIP interface for the FXO port can "register" with a PBX which allows for PSTN to VoIP gateway function (this is working with i.p-tel). I need VoIP to PSTN gateway also, which requires a way to route outbound calls to it. This is what I am trying to setup in i.p-tel by creating a trunk for the FXO port.

Thanks
DAK

03.03.2006 15:01 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Text RE: Infinite loop registering to SPA3000 Voip-PSTN Gateway Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The PBX will also allow REGISTERs from your SPA-3000 as a trunk. You enter a username and password for the trunk. Use this login for the SPA-3000. Well, I have to add that this only works with usernames of the form <account name>-<arbitrary name>.

Best regards,
Pascal

03.03.2006 15:26 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Text RE: Infinite loop registering to SPA3000 Voip-PSTN Gateway Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I set the SIP server to dynamic. So your configuration now is:

• trunk: dkerr-104
    username: dkerr-104
    SIP server: dynamic
Thanks for trying this when you have time.

Pascal

06.03.2006 23:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dke

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We're working. At least for dialing out from PBX through my SPA-3000. I have not had a chance to try dialing into my SPA and seeing if it will connect through to the PBX.

The "dynamic" seems to be the key.

Thanks
DAK.

07.03.2006 03:22 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
sky

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm also trying to implement a spa 3000 as fxo...
so if someone calls my PSTN line...that the call is not only routed to the phone behind the spa3000 but also to my sipphones... if possible fax is detected by my asterisk pbx or the voicemail2email kicks in...

but as soon as I enable pstn2voip I'm getting weird results like
1) the phone behind the spa doesn't ring anymore
2) it rings but only for 2 or 3 times

I've executed a dialplan 2 S0<:skynetbbs@pbxes.org>
but I don't see anything incoming on pbxes ...

I've also tried the "register" stuff of spa 3000.... I created an extension on pbxes.org; and let the spa3000 register.... this seems to work (eg it comes in my statusscreen as green)... but when a call comes in... it goes to skynetbbs-fxo@127.0.0.1 while it had to go to pbxes.org

I haven't tried changing pbx.i-p-tel.org in the ipadres

12.08.2006 09:35 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: