PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Partial CID match for inbound routing
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ayk

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Partial CID match for inbound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just wondering if it's possible to do a partial CID match when using inbound routing? For example, I would like to have calls to a trunk from an area code to route to one menu while calls from another area code to another menu. Is this possible, or would it be too ambiguous for the system?

Thanks!

26.03.2007 15:55 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

So what you are looking for, is wildcard matching in the "Caller ID Number" field of the Inbound Route.

26.03.2007 17:25 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ayk

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yup, that's right.

26.03.2007 18:08 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
blu
Doppel-As

Registration Date: 17.09.2006

yea! that would be a nice feature!! smile

26.03.2007 21:47 bluegate is offline Search for Posts by bluegate Add bluegate to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Partial CID match for inbound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The use of wildcards for CIDs has been implemented.

• X matches any digit from 0-9
  • Z matches any digit form 1-9
  • N matches any digit from 2-9
  • [1237-9] matches any digit or letter in the brackets (in this example, 1,2,3,7,8,9)
  • . wildcard, matches one or more characters

12.04.2007 10:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Great addittion for Inbound routing flexibility.

Square brackets in the Caller ID Number result in a "Invalid Characters" error message.

Ex. 222[34]xxxxxx results in the above error.

12.04.2007 17:51 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Partial CID match for inbound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your comment. It is fixed.

13.04.2007 00:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
eur
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 02.07.2007

RE: Partial CID match for inbound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I used "x" in inbound routing rules and it is not working.

Recently I received many spam calls for my USA number. They all came from 360 area code but with different CIDs, so I decided to blaock all CIDs starting with 360 or 1360. I setup inbound rules to set all calls with CID "360xxxxxxx" or "1360xxxxxxx" to "Hung Up", but spam calls still got through. Also "303" area code. I Googled these spam numbers and can see these spam calls make people mad.

Any thoughts to block them?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by eur on 29.05.2012 at 20:48.

29.05.2012 20:41 euroasia is offline Search for Posts by euroasia Add euroasia to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

When using several inbound routes, some with caller ID and some with trunk name, those with trunk name will take priority.

So you have to add trunk name to those with caller ID, to make them go first.

17.02.2021 10:31 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: