PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Callback - inbound route
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amb

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
inbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

i have number in UK.
Now i try to activate callback.
I made two inbound routes:

trunk name / calleris:

london / <empty> - routed to call group;
london / mymobile - routed to callback my mobile.

separately (if only one inbound route present) it works; if i put buth, always call routed to first (london/empty)

maybe it is not bug. but after few tests i do not found solution.

of course it is not big deal and i always can take DID just for callback, but smile

comment - after 10x tests it working, but so strange smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amb on 27.03.2006 at 03:53.

27.03.2006 03:45 ambervoip is offline Search for Posts by ambervoip Add ambervoip to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can you or anyone else provide me a tutorial on the callback feature?

I have a number of family members all connected throughg the PBX. Unfortunately some have no broadband (Just a few) . I would like them to be able to call a number , and without that number answwering the system would capture their caller ID, prepend it with country code (as Country code does not appear in the caller ID) , call them back, and give them a PBX dial tone. They would then be able to dial any PBX extension or any number worldwide.

I just have not been able to figure out HOW to do this!

22.05.2006 11:57 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am also looking for such a tutorial.

Good idea Mark.

25.05.2006 00:20 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
hco
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 15.05.2006

Zitat:
Originally posted by supernettel
Can you or anyone else provide me a tutorial on the callback feature?

I have a number of family members all connected throughg the PBX. Unfortunately some have no broadband (Just a few) . I would like them to be able to call a number , and without that number answwering the system would capture their caller ID, prepend it with country code (as Country code does not appear in the caller ID) , call them back, and give them a PBX dial tone. They would then be able to dial any PBX extension or any number worldwide.

I just have not been able to figure out HOW to do this!

Yeh that would be very usefull!!!!! Please can anyone or Pascal provide this? cheers!

02.06.2006 17:59 hconsulting is offline Search for Posts by hconsulting Add hconsulting to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Text Callback and Callthru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK, here you are:

Callback and callthru are activated by inbound routes. While callthru is available on all accounts, callback is restricted to the premium accounts to prevent misuse of SIP flatrates by selling callback numbers.

Callback and callthru may be triggered by two methods:

• By the caller ID: Check the caller ID format of your inbound provider by looking into the call monitor of your PBX. In this format enter the caller ID of your phone into the inbound route. Leave the trunk name empty.
  • By the called number: Enter ite corresponding trunk name into the inbound route. Leave the caller ID empty.
If you don't get a callback to the selected number try to find the reason - as always - step by step. Switch to callthru and see if the inbound route is found. Then dial the selected number manually to the dialtone you get and see if it can be reached. Also check the call monitor.

If there are problems recognizing the DTMF tones adjust dtmfmode.

03.06.2006 12:04 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gde
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.04.2006

There are even more ways to do it...
I try to explain it in English (I am German) as good as I can.
1. Organize a trunk what has what does the callback without filtering DTMF out. (I testet it with Sipgate http://www.sipgate.de but I use an old account there. Here some people reportet problems with this comany - just in Germany and with new accounts.
Anyway - any company with good prizes and DTMF pass through will do.
If this one has no or no cheap phone number included, organize an other trunk with phone number included. (p.e. http://nikotel.com sells phone numbers for only a vew dollars setup fee.)
Then integrate the trunk ore trunks here, in setup
Trunks - Add Trunk Add SIP Trunk
For example we name the trunks "pls_call_back" (this one needs to have a phone number) and "outgoing_cb" (this one needs to let DTMF pass through, but a phone number is not required)
maybe one trunk fits all your needs - then add only this one...
and check that they are online (green in status monitor).

Call the phone number assigned to "pls_call_back" and just let it ring.
Now you find your call and your phone number in the logbook of the pbx, the "Call Monitor".
Copy your phone number from there. We'll paste it later.
Now let's create a rule for your incoming call.
Go to "Inbound Routing"
Trunk = pls_call_back

Caller ID Number = Your-Phone-Number (copy it from the log and paste it here)
Highlight call back and enter your phone number in the way you want to get it dialed by the pbx.
Now create a rule for outgoing calls in "Outbound Routing" with just your number (exactly like the pbx has to dial it in the last step) and assign the line "outgoing_cb" (ore - if you have only one trunk - "pls_call_back")
In this way we keep the pbx in the future away from using a maybe cheaper line what does not work with DTMF.

Now we try it.
You ring the pbx
then you find your ring in the Call Monitor.
Hang up.
After this the pbx tries to phone from extension "s" to you. When the phone at home rings - pick it and listen to the dial tone. Tone comes - everything until here is OK. The rules worked already If not - search the reason - like Pascal wrote before.
Now - we are called and have a dial tone - use it! Phone your friend. If the dial tone does not disappear, the trunk "outgoing_cb" was a bad one - filters DTMF out. (Happened to me with Nikotel last week some was swollowed, some was doubled - I changed outgoing_cb to sipgate)
Now, if someone from outside phones you at your pbx - pbx does not know what to do.
For this we need one ore more extensions.
Then you can use the "Incoming Calls" rule to redirect those people to your VoIP-phone ore classic phone (im most countries it's not smart to use a mobile here, it works - but is expensive.)

btw if your phone number to call back is "0987654" you can write in the "inbound Routing" "9990987654"
and in Outbound Routing you use the Dial Pattern 999|0987654 - what cuts the 999 away.
When you do so, you are allowed to phone the same number with any other trunk - if it is not callback.

This will meet the needs of ambervoip in UK as well.
Hope, this helps a little,
Otherwise drop a message.

Gerhard

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gde on 25.01.2007 at 07:30.

25.01.2007 06:21 gdemleitner is offline Search for Posts by gdemleitner Add gdemleitner to your Buddy List
lin

RE: Callback - inbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I know this thread is old but I have a question regarding call back so....
Is it possible to use more than 1 number in the "Caller ID Number" field under "inbound routing"? If yes, how the numbers should be seperated?

I am asking this because I would like to add my phone number which should work both whenever I am in or out of the country. Whenever I am in my country, my phone number show up in the logs without the country code, but whenever I am outside the country for a trip, my phone number show up in the logs with country code which is +45. Is there a workaround for my problem?
Thanks.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lin on 16.06.2010 at 12:55.

16.06.2010 12:53 linseoptik is offline Search for Posts by linseoptik Add linseoptik to your Buddy List
bob

RE: Callback - inbound route Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

soho account only allows 1 callback number so you will have a problem.

Premium will allow 3 callback numbers and you can add 3 different number.

I suggest to get a free dedicated voip number in some country. Keep the number for yourself and anyone calling the number will trigger a callback to your mobile. This means it will not use caller id but just a call to the number.
This is how I solved it as sometimes on some eu networks your call might not sent caller id and than you have a problem.

16.06.2010 22:50 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
wil

Hi,

I'm testing the Callthru option but the line I'm using is connected through SubPBXes and cannot get the Callthru. Could you please help?

Thanks in advance.

Wilbert

16.09.2011 11:03 wilbertzapata is offline Search for Posts by wilbertzapata Add wilbertzapata to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: