PBXes » English » News » RE: Incoming routing with hours
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ikt

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Incoming routing with hours Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi!

I'd like to use incoming routing BUT take advantage of the regular/after hours features availabe in incoming calls. How do I do it?

21.12.2006 21:40 iktorn is offline Search for Posts by iktorn Add iktorn to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can you please expand on what you are trying to achieve, and we will try to help you.

22.12.2006 03:34 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ikt

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to have the following rules:
incoming from trunk1 -> ring ext 100
incoming from trunk2 -> depending on hour:
regular: ring ringgroup1 on failure -> voicemail1
after hours: voicemail2

22.12.2006 11:47 iktorn is offline Search for Posts by iktorn Add iktorn to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Incoming routing with hours Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Use a rule just for trunk1. All calls from trunk2 will be handled according to what you specify for "Incoming Calls". There you can set regular and after hours.

From this menu you can't send directly to voicemail for after hours. This is because it is recommended to play an accouncement first. If you want voicemail to answer directly you may create a classical extension pointing to a mailbox (e.g. *200).

26.12.2006 13:19 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

RE: Incoming routing with hours Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
Use a rule just for trunk1. All calls from trunk2 will be handled according to what you specify for "Incoming Calls". There you can set regular and after hours.

Okay, but that means that it's not possible to create a different schedule for a second trunk.
What I wanted to do is
Trunk1->schedule 1
Trunk2->schedule 2

Is there a sollution to this 'problem'?

Is it possible to create a more complex schedule?
So when you have a break at noon, that you also can get the 'after hours' call handling from 12 till 1 o'clock.

28.12.2006 11:24 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
sol

I'm also looking for a way to set multiple schedules - for weekday, Saturday and Sunday business hours, with corresponding after hours, plus lunch hours. Will this be possible?

10.01.2007 20:43 sollano16 is offline Search for Posts by sollano16 Add sollano16 to your Buddy List
cro

Zitat:
Originally posted by ygeffens
Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel

Okay, but that means that it's not possible to create a different schedule for a second trunk.
What I wanted to do is
Trunk1->schedule 1
Trunk2->schedule 2

Is there a sollution to this 'problem'?

Is it possible to create a more complex schedule?
So when you have a break at noon, that you also can get the 'after hours' call handling from 12 till 1 o'clock.

I asked this same question elsewhere - in its most simple terms, can we specify more than one time range.

EG, as posted above, specify 'regular hours' handling between 8.00am and 12 noon, and between 1.00 and 5.00pm, with after hours handling at other times, and between 12 and 1.

The answer was to refer to this thread - and this thread doesn't have the answer!

10.08.2007 00:18 crowland is offline Search for Posts by crowland Add crowland to your Buddy List
yge
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

i-p-tel,

Do you see any chance to create something like what the readers are asking?

A competing provider (I won't tell who in this forum) is offering something like it.
The setup is very easy, both for the user, and for those who programmed it too (I think :-) ).

It's the only feature from them that I like, all the rest can be done by PBXes in a better way. So, if you can't offer it, it wouldn't make me run away, but if you can offer it, it would make many people happy...

11.08.2007 20:55 ygeffens is offline Search for Posts by ygeffens Add ygeffens to your Buddy List
pas
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 03.08.2006

This would greatly improve that feature!

Pasquale

27.08.2007 14:54 pasqualei is offline Search for Posts by pasqualei Add pasqualei to your Buddy List
dor

This feature would be priceless. I obviously have different schedule for different extensions, so having a single shared schedule isn't that useful...

12.04.2008 14:51 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Incoming routing with hours Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have currently integrated time-based routing into the Inbound Routes section.

So the old Incoming Calls section is no longer available. Please create a new general inbound route with Trunk and Caller ID Number fields blank if you need to recreate the Incoming Calls functionality.

The Getting Started page in DOCS section has been updated accordingly.

On another note, the option "CID name prefix" has also been added into inbound routes section.

24.06.2008 23:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dor

Excellent!

The only little detail that yet to be done to achieve perfection is to allow custom range definitions, as an opposite to current "regular hours" and "after hours".

Professionals that don't sit in the office 24/7 (not literally) could make a good use of ability to route calls with "higher resolution" then just 1 switch per day.

25.06.2008 16:43 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
cda

This is an important feature...!

Alot of my would-be pbx-customers will need a more advanced time/day condition planning...

Almost every customer i have, have different officehours during saturday..

Others perhaps would like different time/day conditions for different queues.. Not all parts of a company have the same officehours!

On our own, we have a PC running Trixbox.. Couple of years old installation..

It has a simple addon installed, its calle "Time Conditions".. Its the first thing my inbound route is hitting..

It works like a charm!

This is so important for me and my customers..

Carsten
Denmark

02.07.2008 22:40 cdahl is offline Search for Posts by cdahl Add cdahl to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Incoming routing with hours Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have further improved inbound routing. Three time ranges can be entered now.

Meeting different time/day conditions for different queues can be done as well: From the digital receptionist you can send to SIP URI, e.g. cdahl-sales@pbxes.org. Create an inbound route for cdahl-sales (as trunk name) and assign timing.

03.07.2008 14:43 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dor

Are all three ranges linked to the same rule "regular hours"?

03.07.2008 15:15 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, they are ORed together. If one of them matches regular hours will be assumed.

03.07.2008 15:31 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fit
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.03.2008

Great Features Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are launching our company in about one week and these are very useful features!

I just wanted to thank you for the great improvements to the digital receptionist and the incoming hours features: WAY TO GO!!!

Thank you for your excellent PBX!

Michael
Washington, DC

03.07.2008 15:44 fitness is offline Search for Posts by fitness Add fitness to your Buddy List
cda

Actually, i just realized - even tho' i now can setup 3 different days, with different hours - The reguler/after hours selection, still is very limited.

And I sure can't figure out a way to solve our own situation (We have a local Asterisk Box now, with a seperate TimeCondition menu which works fine, but we want to switch to PBXes)

Our basic situations looks like this. (If i just can decide when to reach what, life would be great :-)

Our company has IVR with 3 choises:
Press 1 for Business2Business
Press 2 for The Shop
Press 3 for Repairs

Now, the different branches of our company have different working hours.

Business2Business is open: man to fri, 8.00 to 16.00 - sun, closed
The Shop is open: man to fri, 9.30 to 17.00 - sat, 9.30 to 13.00 - sun, closed
Repairs is open: man to fri, 9.30 to 17.00 - sat, closed - sun, closed

To solve this i can use 3 diffent IVR.

IVR1 should be reached man to fri, between 8.00 and 9.30
1 (B2B) lets the call go though
2 (Shop) plays a message that the shop isn't open yet.
3 (Repairs) plays a message that the repairs isn't open yet.

IVR2 should be reached man to fri, between 9.30 and 17.00
2 (Shop) lets the call go though
3 (Repairs) lets the call go though

IVR3 should be reached sat, between 9.30 and 13.00
2 (Shop) the call go though
3 (Repairs) lets the call go though

When every someone call outside any of the opening hours, a closed message should be played.

Whether you want to keep the day/hours settings on the Incomming route or a seperate TimeConditions menu, i would prefer having these features at least:
- Be able to select day/hour/minutes, and selected action if it fits, selected action if it doesen't (like sending me to IVR1 if it fits, if not check next timecondition and see)
- If it doesen't fit any timecondition then be able to select an action (like playing the all closed message)

Looking forward to see how far this goes, thanks in advance :-)

Carsten Dahl
Denmark

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cda on 04.07.2008 at 12:47.

04.07.2008 12:42 cdahl is offline Search for Posts by cdahl Add cdahl to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

You are still thinking in the IF-THEN-GOTO scheme of the 'Time Conditions' module that you were using.

I would recommend a top down description. Create an inbound route that sends to IVR or the all closed message. From the IVR proceed as described above for the individual opening hours.
Zitat:
Meeting different time/day conditions for different queues can be done as well: From the digital receptionist you can send to SIP URI, e.g. cdahl-sales@pbxes.org. Create an inbound route for cdahl-sales (as trunk name) and assign timing.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 04.07.2008 at 13:49.

04.07.2008 13:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
cda

Yes, you're right, I'm still thinking that way.. I've been trying to figure out a way to do the same thing, but thinking "your way"..

I'll try the method you suggest.

PS. do you have any guide/explenations of the send to SIP URI?

04.07.2008 15:59 cdahl is offline Search for Posts by cdahl Add cdahl to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: