PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » 1 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gol
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 31.07.2006

Setup Documentation for noobs? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to try to use PBXes with my SPA-3102, but I don't have any idea how to get my ATA registered. Is there any documentation available to help with? I have my ATA registered to voicestick and when I tried to create a sip trunk for that, I got the following error:

"Cannot connect to Asterisk Manager with /
This module requires access to the Asterisk Manager. Please ensure Asterisk is running and access to the manager is available."

I sure this is because I don't know what I am doing.

31.07.2006 13:19 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Setup Documentation for noobs? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The error message was caused by an error on our side which has been corrected. Thanks for your posting!

There is an intro that you get by clicking "Help" in the left navigation. For everything further please use the forum. We don't want to limit creativity by a technical manual.

31.07.2006 13:50 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gol
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the direction. Now everything seems to be working well from SJPhone on my computer, however I can't seem to be able to get my SPA-3102 to register successfully to pbxes.org. I'm using the same credentials that I am using successfully with SJPhone. I also tried setting up a second extension to use with the ATA and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

02.08.2006 04:11 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
gol
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had some settings that were off. I made changes and now I am registering successfully to pbxes! The changes I made included:

1. Enabled STUN
2. Changed SIP Remote-Party-ID to No
3. Changed Refer-To Target Contact to Yes
4. Changed Make Call Without Reg to Yes
5. Changed DNS SRV Auto Prefix to No
6. Changed Use Pref Codec Only to No
7. Changed DTMF Tx Method to AVT
8. Changed Enable IP Dialing to Yes

I'm not sure which of these were actually causing the problem though.

04.08.2006 12:53 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
bur

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
linksys spa3000-3102 not registering Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by golek
I had some settings that were off. I made changes and now I am registering successfully to pbxes! The changes I made included:

1. Enabled STUN
2. Changed SIP Remote-Party-ID to No
3. Changed Refer-To Target Contact to Yes
4. Changed Make Call Without Reg to Yes
5. Changed DNS SRV Auto Prefix to No
6. Changed Use Pref Codec Only to No
7. Changed DTMF Tx Method to AVT
8. Changed Enable IP Dialing to Yes

I'm not sure which of these were actually causing the problem though.

< in my case, with sipura3000, i changed to port 5070

31.12.2006 07:59 burth is offline Search for Posts by burth Add burth to your Buddy List
ric

SPA-3102 loses registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My Linksys SPA-3102 successfully registers.

However, I notice that it loses its registration from time to time.

I have the 3102 connected to the Internet via ADSL. It is not behind a router or firewall.

I have read several posts that discuss enabling STUN. However, I thought it was only necessary to enable STUN if I was behind a firewall or router.

What should I try to keep my 3102 registered continually?

26.03.2007 13:02 rick722 is offline Search for Posts by rick722 Add rick722 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

If the SPA-3102 is not behind a firewall, then it does not need the help of a STUN or TURN server.

What you should try, is to decrease the "Register Expires:" field under the "Proxy and Registration" section to 900 sec or lower.

See if that helps.

26.03.2007 18:22 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ric

SPA-3102 loses registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

After I changed it to 900 it still loses registration.

I then changed it to 600 and it still loses registration.

Any advice?

27.03.2007 11:36 rick722 is offline Search for Posts by rick722 Add rick722 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

For how long does it keep the registration, when it re-registers?

27.03.2007 15:54 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ric

It is really hard to say as I am not watching the Line 1 light all the time. But I guess about 2 hours.

Is there a log that can tell me exactly how long the registrations are kept for?

27.03.2007 18:53 rick722 is offline Search for Posts by rick722 Add rick722 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

The 2 hour interval, doesn't jive with re-registration interval. If the SPA holds the registration for 2 hours, and it asks the proxy to re-register every 30 minutes (1800 sec) then it should never be unregistered.

But it does, and from what I understand it remains in the unregistered state for quite a while. How do you get it to register again?

Can you put a timer to ring every hour for 5 hours, watch the registration state from the web GUI and report the results?

28.03.2007 03:25 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ric

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I had to disconnect my 3102 from the Internet so I could use my other Vonage router/voip adapter.

I will be traveling for a few days and won't be able to reconnect the 3102 till next week.

When I reconnect the 3102 directly to the net, I will try your suggestion and report back the results.

Thanks

29.03.2007 16:58 rick722 is offline Search for Posts by rick722 Add rick722 to your Buddy List
dpc

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
The 2 hour interval, doesn't jive with re-registration interval. If the SPA holds the registration for 2 hours, and it asks the proxy to re-register every 30 minutes (1800 sec) then it should never be unregistered.

But it does, and from what I understand it remains in the unregistered state for quite a while. How do you get it to register again?

Can you put a timer to ring every hour for 5 hours, watch the registration state from the web GUI and report the results?

I got the same problem with my linksys pap2, there's no guide to configure it for pbxes? I got the Register Expires at 300

25.04.2007 22:14 dpctech is offline Search for Posts by dpctech Add dpctech to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: