PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: You Deleted My Gtalk Trunk!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mis
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.02.2013

You Deleted My Gtalk Trunk! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have been using pbxes since 2010 and have had a GTalk trunk the entire time. For some spans of time, when I can afford it, I have paid for a premium account to use the g.729 vocoder to save bandwidth.

Recently, my credit card number changed, and I lost my premium subscription.

Several days later, I received a message saying that premium features have been removed from my account.

I logged in and noticed that my GTalk trunk has been deleted.

I got the GTalk trunk originally from your Sipdroid promotion and have been using it ever since.

I am pretty upset that you just randomly decided to delete it after all this time.

So, despite feeling cheated as a customer, I went and re-subscribed to a premium account.

Much to my surprise, I STILL cannot restore my GTalk trunk!

Not to mention, I have had issues with the trunk failing intermittently (which I previously posted about). Every other person I have set up a pbxes.com account for had those issues as well and stopped using the service.

I chose to stick it out, ask for support and just live with it, and still gave you my 16.00 a month.

To make it clear, the ONLY reason I use your service is because of the Google Voice trunking.

Why you would delete the trunk now, after I have had it all these years is beyond my comprehension why it would suddenly get deleted...

Am I being punished for asking for support?

24.08.2017 00:32 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: You Deleted My Gtalk Trunk! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

GTalk trunks are a premium feature (Soho account is also fine) because they are quite support intensive.

Therefore there is an automatic deletion of GTalk trunks when a subscription gets cancelled. We haven't manually deleted it.

Of course you can delete your account and create a new free account using the Sipdroid promotion.

24.08.2017 15:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mis
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.02.2013

RE: You Deleted My Gtalk Trunk! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tried a new premium subscription, it definitely does not have the GTALK or GVOICE trunk button. Seems like only SOHO does.

Also, you say GTalk is support intensive. I mentioned (this is the second post) a support issue with my GTalk trunk hanging intermittently. You asked me to check the Google account and make setting changes. I did. It still hangs. It says connected but wont make or receive calls. I have to resave the password twice before it works again.

Looks like I wasted the 16.00 on the subscription which I had to cancel 10 minutes later.

If you want to keep it instead of refunding me, then please just fix the GTalk trunk.

I am willing to pay you instead of just deleting and recreating my account through sipdroid. I have the promo version still in my backups. I just want the GTalk trunk to work.

It feels rough to get the GTalk trunk for free and then it gets deleted. You might work on another business strategy for that so people don't feel rubbed. There is a lot of talk on various forums about it and it's getting you a bad rap.

29.08.2017 01:18 mistere is offline Search for Posts by mistere Add mistere to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

I understand that you were surprised to see your GV trunk go when ending your subscription. This is because it is a paid feature. It is easy to re-create the trunk after re-subscribing.

Works both on Soho and Premium accounts. Don't forget to re-login after buying the subscription, to make the additional features appear. We've refunded the Premium account you have only used to switch to Soho a few minutes later.

Regarding the problem with intermittent failures of your GV trunk please follow up in the following thread:
https://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?...1481757460&sid=

We have asked two questions there. If you can answer them this would be great help for us to further work on it.

30.08.2017 09:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: