PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Choppy sound
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ecy
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.05.2017

Choppy sound Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have a recurring problem with very choppy sound about one minute into the conversation, both outgoing and incoming. For the first minute everything sounds fine, but shortly after that the sound gets choppy on both ends and users cannot hear the words. Sometimes it's only for a few seconds, other times it's longer. This seems to be a PBXES problem as when I route the calls directly through the SIP provider, the problem goes away. I thought perhaps it is because of too much traffic on PBXES servers, so I'm moving us from www4 to www1. Will try again next week to see if there's any improvement. Meanwhile, please let me know if there is something I can do to improve the call quality. Switching to HD codec improves the sound in other ways, but the choppy problem is still there.

04.06.2017 17:13 ecys is offline Search for Posts by ecys Add ecys to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Choppy sound Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You should first make some internal calls including echo test (*43) to check whether your phones to PBXes connections are OK.

I've seen that you are using two different providers with PBXes. Do you see any difference in quality depending on which provider the call comes in from (future nine, gvgw)?

05.06.2017 23:05 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ecy
Grünschnabel

RE: Choppy sound Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The problem is persistent in both trunks. www1 worked better, but the latency was too great. moved back to www2 and the choppy sound problem returned. Did echo test, and all is well. Will try moving to another server.

09.06.2017 02:02 ecys is offline Search for Posts by ecys Add ecys to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

www4 would be best for you.

09.06.2017 11:20 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ecy
Grünschnabel

moved to www4 (even though it is not in my timezone). huge improvement! have another account with the same issue, which also improved when i moved to www4. there seems to be an issue with www2 (seattle), which is causing poor connection and sound quality on some sip clients.

14.06.2017 15:24 ecys is offline Search for Posts by ecys Add ecys to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: