PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: PBX is loosing TCP connection
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joi
Premium Account

Registration Date: 21.11.2013

PBX is loosing TCP connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi!

I've got some SIP extensions that is working with SIP clients of iPhones. I've tried Bria for iPhone and Groundwire with the same negative result.

I'm using TCP protocol and background mode for the both application in that they listen to incoming TCP traffic and wake-up the app in case of incoming call is detected.

Generally such configuration works but after 6-8 minutes since the registration the both apps stop seeing any incoming call and TCP activity. Vendors of apps can't debag an issue cause it simply nothing happening during the issue, there're no any logs also.

As the behaviours of two different apps exactly the same I guess that the issue on the PBX side. I can make the log or simulate the issue at any time, just let me know.

Thanks.

02.10.2016 17:17 joinnovate is offline Search for Posts by joinnovate Add joinnovate to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: PBX is loosing TCP connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is probably a misconfiguration of your router, or have you observed this on a mobile network as well?

For details on TCP for SIP clients you may find the following article helpful:

https://github.com/i-p-tel/sipdroid/blob...dbyTechnique.md

02.10.2016 22:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
joi
Premium Account

RE: PBX is loosing TCP connection Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It seems to be you're absolutely right, after review the configuration of modem that provides by my ISP I've managed to find out the problem.

Thanks a lot, it turns to be the cell network is a really good debug tool.

UPD: You know today the issue is appeared again, I absolutely have no idea about it,

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joi on 03.10.2016 at 10:58.

02.10.2016 23:26 joinnovate is offline Search for Posts by joinnovate Add joinnovate to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

The parameter in the router should be named TCP NAT translation timeout and be set to a minimum of 10 minutes.

03.10.2016 12:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
joi
Premium Account

It was a buggy router actually, I've replace it and everything become better. I really appreciate your service, thank you once again.

UPD: I found out that many public wi-fi networks have the same issue with NAT-configuraton, how do you think is there any way to quickly debug such issue without control of a router?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joi on 17.10.2016 at 23:34.

03.10.2016 18:10 joinnovate is offline Search for Posts by joinnovate Add joinnovate to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: