PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Problem with Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fit
Premium Account

Registration Date: 29.03.2008

Pfeil Problem with Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yesterday, August 13, 2008, I received lots of notifications for "Trunk Outages." After further investigation, I realized that my account was moved to a different timezone server.

Since my business hours are in EST ( Eastern Standard Time), I expect that the regular hours rules apply, independently from the server where my account is operating from.

My calls did not follow the "Regular Hours" rules for New York timezone, but some European Central timezone or that server's "Regular Hours". There are 6 hours difference and a 9 to 17 EST becomes 3 to 11 EST! making it hard to answer any phone call except for the 9 to 11 time frame...

A business cannot go chase the server where their phone communication is temporarely moved to. It would make more sense to make the Regular/After Hours rule follow a timezone that won't change with the server where the service resides.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you,

Michael

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fit on 13.08.2008 at 15:51.

13.08.2008 15:50 fitness is offline Search for Posts by fitness Add fitness to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Problem wiht Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your report. Timezones were sometimes not set correctly. We have fixed the bug.

13.08.2008 21:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dor

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Lampe RE: Problem wiht Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The same problem on my account on www4 - scheduling doesn't work, call monitor shows time with offset 6 hours.

13.08.2008 23:59 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Problem wiht Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I concur the Call Monitor on my account hosted on www4 is not on the correct time-zone.

14.08.2008 00:22 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Problem wiht Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry, this should be working now.

14.08.2008 13:22 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dor

traurig RE: Problem with Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It seems to be back - shifted time on www4 again...

14.09.2008 03:43 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Problem with Timezone shift Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just verified the time-stamp on the www4 calls, and it is correct. Do you still have the shifted time-stamp issue on your account?

14.09.2008 15:13 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dor

RE: Problem with Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's OK now

14.09.2008 16:20 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
she
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 07.08.2011

Achtung RE: Problem with Regular Hours/ Server and Timezone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have the same problem for www3 - in Moscow right now is 10:15, but logs show my incoming test call at 9:15. So, the PBX auto answer as NON WORKING HOURS.
Please be advised, in Russia we have no daylight changes for summer/winter time for 2 years (it's federal law).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by she on 29.11.2013 at 08:18.

29.11.2013 08:18 shershidsky is offline Search for Posts by shershidsky Add shershidsky to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: