PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Tried to get refund, service was cancelled!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mhc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 07.07.2010

Tried to get refund, service was cancelled! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I recently erroneously purchased a g729 license on my account without realising the restriction it would place on the number of channels. As soon as I realised, within minutes of the purchase, I cancelled it and tried emailing to ask about a refund. After no reply I tried the PayPal official route re requesting a refund, big mistake it seems. The minute I submitted the case in PayPal, my pbxes account, that I've loyally held for years, was cancelled and access to my account was blocked. As I use pbxes for my business that was obviously far from ideal so I created a new annual subscription and duly paid for a full years subscription. My account access was reinstated and I now appear to have two subscriptions (and still no reply on the erroneous purchase refund).

I'm now scared to touch anything subscription wise in case my account it blocked/cancelled again. I've read elsewhere on the forum a duggestion that pbxes may have a 'no refunds' policy, this is fine but this should surely have stated somewhere if its true, cancelling my account and blocking access, including to the forums for help, seems a bit excessive just because I dared ask for a refund.

Hopefully somebody can advise what I do now, should I risk going ahead and cancelling, the now duplicate, monthly subscription now I have paid for a year? Or will doing so also lose me a years subscription amount? And again lock me out of the system?

Thanks.

Mark

18.07.2013 21:35 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Tried to get refund, service was cancelled! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We've refunded your G.729 purchase.

For your now double subscription to Premium I suggest that you cancel the monthly subscription, and keep the yearly one.

23.07.2013 15:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mhc
Grünschnabel

RE: Tried to get refund, service was cancelled! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks, much appreciated. I've cancelled the monthly subscription in PayPal, guess that was correct? Account hasn't been blocked so far so fingers crossed smile Any ideas why the account was suspended in the first place? Might help somebody else that's all, it's especially frustrating as once the account is blocked you can't even login to post details on the forum to get help.

Mark

23.07.2013 15:29 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We block accounts when customers raise disputes on Paypal, because Paypal charges back in such a case.

So please ask via the forum. Sometimes we cannot answer immediately like now during summer holidays, but this is the best way to contact our people.

23.07.2013 15:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mhc
Grünschnabel

Right. Obvious problem there of course though is once the account is blocked you can't even access the forum to resolve the problem, the only option I had was to start another subscription before I could pursue the matter further with you. I did try to email the 'support' email address on your PayPal account before I raised the dispute on PayPal but didn't get a reply.

It's a shame the support situation with you guys is what it is, I personally think the product offering is awesome and I would love to resell it to clients but I'm put off by the lack of support when things like this happen, and they do happen from time to time. Payment issues arise now and then and 99% of the time there is a really simple solution. I just wouldn't feel comfortable thinking that if something happened with one client and/or my account as a whole that all clients accounts would then stop working, especially if I wasn't able to get a fast response from somebody to resolve whatever the issue was. I fully understand and appreciate your technical support/charging for support policy but I just think when it comes to account issues a different approach is required.

23.07.2013 17:06 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

For the future please directly write your requests into the forum. Contacting us via email, phone, twitter, fax, or whatever is also fine, as long as you please don't open Paypal disputes.

They not only involve charging back, but also require to communicate through a slow and unhandy UI, and most of the time - not in your case - are caused by fraud. That's why we have to react quickly in an automated procedure to Paypal disputes.

23.07.2013 17:24 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: