PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: IAX Protocol support for trunks
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dke

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
IAX Protocol support? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Will you be supporting the IAX protocol that is native to Asterisk for trunks?

Reason I ask is thet voipjet.com only support IAX and do not support SIP.

Thanks
DAK

20.02.2006 16:05 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: IAX Protocol support? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi DAK,

the situation is much like with the feature request for SIP port numbers other than 5060. We will only support it if there are more than just a single provider that requires the feature.

Best regards,
Pascal

02.03.2006 01:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dke

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, so far Voipjet.com is the only provider I know of that is IAX only and does not support SIP. So I guess that makes it low priority.

DAK

02.03.2006 01:49 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
Uly

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Original von dkerr
Well, so far Voipjet.com is the only provider I know of that is IAX only and does not support SIP. So I guess that makes it low priority.

There are others though, one is http://www.goiax.com/ (they offer free calls to 1-800 number in the US btw.)

I'm very much interested in i-p-tel.com supporting IAX too, not such much the provider side, but being able to connect using my IAXy ATA or VoIPSurfer (my IAX Pocket PC VoIP Softphone). When on the road it is much easier to connect via IAX on public WiFis than it is with SIP.

Besides this feature, which I'm badly missing, the i-p-tel people did a GREAT job ! Congratulations!

Thanks!

PS: The forum search seems to be broken?

02.03.2006 16:31 Ulyssees is offline Search for Posts by Ulyssees Add Ulyssees to your Buddy List
mes

RE: IAX Protocol support for trunks Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Actually, there are many Voip's with IAX support, but with both support (IAX and SIP).

In my PBXes account I have Voip with support for both protocolls (SIP and IAX) but I have to use SIP because PBXes don't have an alternative to configure IAX trunk.

I think that is not dificult for PBXes developers to put an alternative to add IAX trunk's.

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by mes on 04.10.2008 at 18:34.

03.10.2008 21:47 mesa is offline Search for Posts by mesa Add mesa to your Buddy List
dor

RE: IAX Protocol support for trunks Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

After having great problems with connection of a remote user agent to my account, I think it would be very valuable to have IAX as an option for "complicated cases" where SIP messes up.

I know IAX has some scaling problems, which prevents it from massive deployment, but given it needs a single port to do everything it might be great, if not exceptional, workaround.

18.05.2009 04:44 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
nik

I would like to see IAX supported also... indeed, isn't it the main protocol for asterisk? The implementation will give to clients the ability to use competitive termination providers.

18.11.2009 21:01 nikemen is offline Search for Posts by nikemen Add nikemen to your Buddy List
sar

another vote for IAX2 support!

07.06.2010 21:10 sarm2010 is offline Search for Posts by sarm2010 Add sarm2010 to your Buddy List
eco
Premium Account

Registration Date: 05.12.2008

Our carrier (Sipcall.ch) supports the IAX protocol too.

It would be great to see IAX2 supported by PBXes for trunks and extensions, since it's more bandwidth efficient and more reliable than SIP through NAT for example.

IP-tel, do you have plans to support it? Your service is Asterisk-based, so it should'nt be hard to implement.

14.08.2010 17:59 ecodev is offline Search for Posts by ecodev Add ecodev to your Buddy List
mhc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.07.2010

Hi,

Another vote...., I use voiptalk.org for one of my trunks and they support IAböse2).

Mark

16.08.2010 11:38 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
avr

Another vote for IAX trunk support! Any chance that this is even a consideration?

21.02.2012 15:13 avronko is offline Search for Posts by avronko Add avronko to your Buddy List
eco
Premium Account

Registration Date: 05.12.2008

BUMP !

17.04.2015 16:51 ecodev is offline Search for Posts by ecodev Add ecodev to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: