PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: PAP2T/SPA2102: Can't call internal extension and incoming call fails
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tjs

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
PAP2T/SPA2102: Can't call internal extension and incoming call fails Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have two extension 201 and 202 connected to CISCO PAP2T and SPA2102 respectively. I am using D-LINK DIR601 router on my LAN. Both ATAs are on same LAN with IPs 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.11. The SIP ports on LINE1 for ATAs are different (5060 and 5062).

I am able to make outbound calls without any problem. Incoming calls ring on extension 201 (PAP2T) however when I pick up the phone connection is not made. For the external party the phone keeps ringing and goes to extension 201 Voice mail.

I have configured my PAP2T as per the following guidelines:
http://faq.voxalot.com/action/view/Setting_up_Linksys_PAP2 (of course the login information is with pbxes not voxalot)
I tired all 3 options for STUN settings with the same result. (one of them with Port forwarding).

At a point incoming calls were working fine and the only issue was that extension 201 was not able to connect to 202 and vice versa (It would ring but would keep rining even if other extension is picked up). In the process of trying to fix that I spoiled the config of PAP2T and incoming stopped working.

Can you help? I think a simple pointer to PAP2T and SPA2012 configuration for pbxes would suffice. I have googled but failed to find one.

01.01.2012 13:23 tjsingh is offline Search for Posts by tjsingh Add tjsingh to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: PAP2T/SPA2102: Can't call internal extension and incoming call fails Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
PAP2s and SPA adapters should work really easily with pbxes, no special settings required. Make sure you turn OFF Audio Bypass in PBXes extensions, just keep things simple they work easier.
The problem is more likely to be with your router - Make sure the Sip ALG is turned OFF in the router (google for information on how to do this). Port forwarding shouldn't be required and make sure you power the router off and back on when you make changes to its configuration (ensure that the settings are saved correctly so they are reloaded whenever the router is rebooted).
You should really only need special settings on the SPAs if the router is not behaving properly or as expected, cheap and cheerful seems to work easiest, more complex routers may need more configuration work.
I can post my SPA settings if you need them, but even the defaults work fine (reset unit and start again).
Regards

01.01.2012 14:47 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
tjs

RE: PAP2T/SPA2102: Can't call internal extension and incoming call fails Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks telagente00 for a quick reply.

I followed your instructions:
1. Audio Bypass is already "no" by default for me in PBXes extensions.
2. I did RESET of the PAP2T (73738# on IVR menu). So I have now factory default settings.
3. However when I turn-OFF SIP ALG (uncheck the box in Advanced->Firewall Settings), I can't make even the outbound calls.

This posts also suggests that SIP ALG should be turned ON for DIR-601.
https://community.phonebooth.com/communi...-150-phonebooth

My PAP2T was working perfect (both inbound and outbound) on voxalot with configuration suggested here: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-general...alkthrough.html

However voxalot is gone now and I switched to PBXes month ago and I made inbound and outbound work without any changes to my router or PAP2T. Only last week I tweaked PAP2T and inbound stopped working.

Any other suggestion. Once my inbound works, I would also like to solve the other problem of calling other extension in my LAN.

I would like to add that my home DID is carried by FUTURE-NINE and I am forwarding it to tjsingh@pbxes.org.

01.01.2012 16:40 tjsingh is offline Search for Posts by tjsingh Add tjsingh to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
Here are the only settings that I use, the others are really just tweaking to get the best performance. If sip alg is on in the router then I turn STUN off, if sip alg is off then I turn STUN on. Some routers I just haven't got to work successfully and a change to a different one makes it all come to life. Hope this helps and best of luck.

<RTP_Packet_Size> 0.020
<Handle_VIA_received> no
<Handle_VIA_rport> no
<Insert_VIA_received> no
<Insert_VIA_rport> no
<Substitute_VIA_Addr> no
<Send_Resp_To_Src_Port> no
<STUN_Enable> no or Yes (see above)
<STUN_Test_Enable> No
<STUN_Server> stun.voicetrading.com
<NAT_Mapping_Enable_1_> No
<NAT_Mapping_Enable_2_> No
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_1_> No
<NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable_2_> No
<SIP_Port_1_> 5060
<SIP_Port_2_> 5061
<Register_Expires_1_> 60
<Register_Expires_2_> 60

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 01.01.2012 at 18:24.

01.01.2012 18:23 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
tjs

I flashed the DIR-601 router with DD-WRT firmware and I am in business.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-601

I can make inbound calls and also I am able to call the extensions internally. All issues resolved.

Thank a lot for your help for pointing out that this could be a router issue. I am now using the RESET config on both PAP2T and SPA2102.

I would setting a remote extension outside my LAN and test to see I can seemlessly call all extensions. Even if the extension is in India, it should work. right?

Best Regards.

01.01.2012 23:32 tjsingh is offline Search for Posts by tjsingh Add tjsingh to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi,
Yes it will work perfectly with extensions located anywhere. (A softphone on a PC or laptop or an Iphone also works really well as an extension with pbxes)
Glad you are now working ok,
Regards

02.01.2012 00:58 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
jcl
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 11.02.2011

Same issue with a Yealink T22P

I upgraded the firmeware, follow instruction on how to solve this, but still there is no communication between internal telephones.

Even if i call form outside, choose the extension umber, the receiver pick up the call, he doesnt hear anything.

The caller still hear the ringing tone.

Any other advice?

29.05.2015 06:18 jclopex is offline Search for Posts by jclopex Add jclopex to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

First thing to try is a softphone, any should work to prove your config is ok first, I have always found cheap and cheerful routers easiest to start with. Can't help you specifically with your setup.
regards

30.05.2015 18:31 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: