PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Voicetrading problem
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Voicetrading problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,
Anybody having problems with Voicetrading today ?
Yesterday afternoon all my calls via Voicetrading started failing with sip error 500. I raised a ticket with them but haven't heard anything other than the automated response e-mail accepting the ticket.
Regards

Edit: 13:00 Well coincidence or not, I have just resaved the Voicetrading trunks and tried again and they are now working ok. I have no idea if Voicetrading fixed it or saving the trunks again in PBXes fixed it. My other trunk providers continued fine all the time.

Regards

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 04.08.2011 at 13:07.

04.08.2011 10:02 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
sil

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Voicetrading problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I got som error twice with voicetrading

Once I got "this number is not a european number" answer from voicetrading lady

Second time I got connected with someone speaking a language I couldn't understand.

I was on premium route BTW

How weird...

04.08.2011 21:17 silver84 is offline Search for Posts by silver84 Add silver84 to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

RE: Voicetrading problem Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

That is weird,
I had the Sip error 500 with Grey, Standard and Premium routes.
All working ok now anyway.

04.08.2011 21:49 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
hal

I think I will discard voicetrading.

The CLI is not passed correctly all the time. It depends on the carrier your call will go through. I can't afford to have different CLI without knowing it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hal on 13.08.2011 at 14:36.

13.08.2011 14:35 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

I haven't seen any CLI problems with Voicetrading, well nobody has mentioned it to me anyway.
If you find a better/cheaper supplier please let me know.

13.08.2011 19:33 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
hal

This is what I found out.

A-Z termination provider, such as Voicetrading, use a variety of direct carriers for their interconnection.

Each carrier handles the CLI in a different way, there isn't a common standard. The callers don't know which carrier their calls are routed through.
Some of them handle foreign CLI (for example calling from Italywith a french CLI), while others don't let you change country (CLI +33123456 will be transferend as +3933123456)

In other words, you can't be sure that your CLI gets delivered correctly all the time.

16.08.2011 12:58 halldis is offline Search for Posts by halldis Add halldis to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: