PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Simple GV-PBXes-Sipdroid guide requested
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
avr

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
traurig Simple GV-PBXes-Sipdroid guide requested Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have been waiting since February for the free PBXes account option to be turned back on (which was supposed to happen in May.)

However, it's not because, I'm unwilling to pay $5/ month for a valuable service, I certainly am! I just didn't want to fight through the maze of conflicting, outdated, and partially relevant guides that I'm otherwise left with to set this up!

Is there somewhere a single, concise and accurate guide on how to get Google Voice, PBXes, and Sipdroid set up and working together?

I finally gave in, waited 3 days to get a SoHo account and have now been getting really frustrated the last two hours trying to make this work!

PBXes is $5 /month for all the minutes I could want to use, but to save my sanity I could just pay my carrier $15 for more minutes! ... If PBXes will provide the information in a simple way, I'll stay a subscriber and refer 4 of my family members who are all currently in need of more minutes!

I'm very frustrated with this, please don't respond with a guide if it's incomplete, outdated or doesn't actually do what's requested... unglücklich

11.06.2011 18:07 avronko is offline Search for Posts by avronko Add avronko to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Simple GV-PBXes-Sipdroid guide requested Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You are invited to write such a guide on the HELP wiki. There is a general guide there titled "Getting started", and also some Android specifics titled "Fixed Mobile Convergence".

At which step did you get stuck?

12.06.2011 14:20 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
avr

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Simple GV-PBXes-Sipdroid guide requested Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I guess I don't know. As far as I can tell, it should be done correctly. My two extensions can call eachother (from two different phones.)

However, when trying to use the GV trunk I get an operator message on outbound calls and inbound calls are never received by the app, with the caller just hearing rings until the VM picks it up.

When I tried to check my GV trunk settings, it gave me, "pbxes db error no such table". Which seems a likely source of the problem.

On another note, can you give an approximate timeline for when the free account path will be opened back up? (to recommend to friends/family) If it's not going to be, will you consider creating a 1-step signup process from sipdroid for paid accounts?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by avr on 15.06.2011 at 17:25.

15.06.2011 17:20 avronko is offline Search for Posts by avronko Add avronko to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: