PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Ext-local context issue: Incorrect trunk name in log used (provided by provider vs name from PBX
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tic
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 17.06.2010

wütend Ext-local context issue: Incorrect trunk name in log used (provided by provider vs name from PBXes) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

i've got 2 SIP trunks from the same cellular provider, Megafon russia (Multifon). Both are incoming / outgoing.

In Trunks setup page, they have 2 distinct names.

The problem: when incoming calls are being answered through PBXes, it logs them as being received from "multifon.ru", rather than from the respective trunk name assigned in setup.

It's a problem because there's no way to find out from which trunk (i.e. which celllular number) the call went from. I guess with 3 or more trunks, the inconvinience would be even bigger.

is there a way to fix this and use the name assigned in PBXes setup for logging?

thank you.

26.04.2011 09:27 tico is offline Search for Posts by tico Add tico to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Ext-local context issue: Incorrect trunk name in log used (provided by provider vs name from PBX Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The trunk name is merely a convenience, which allows us to name trunks with meaningful names.

In the CDRs the trunk name indicates via which trunk the specific outbound call was delivered through, since you can go and see which FQDN or IP you have specified in the trunk's setup.

But in the case of inbound calls, the Invite to PBXes' SIP Proxy can arrive from an IP or FQDN which is not the same or even close to the FQDN you have specified in the trunk setup. As such, the trunk name in the CDRs of inbound calls displays the Reverse DNS name of the SIP Proxy which initiated the inbound call to PBXes.

So this is not a bug but a well-thought out compromise, for a less than perfect situation.

Of course you can suggest the implementation of a feature which partly matches FQDNs to RDNS names, so I will move this thread to the appropriate sub-forum.

26.04.2011 22:42 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tic
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 17.06.2010

RE: Ext-local context issue: Incorrect trunk name in log used (provided by provider vs name from PBX Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

thank you!

27.04.2011 09:02 tico is offline Search for Posts by tico Add tico to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: