PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: all extensions dead
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
all extensions dead Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What's going on, www3 was down swtiched to www4 and now back to www3.

All my extension are down. They won't register thru ip address or sip.pbxs.org

I have reset all my voip devices to reregister and this does not happen. some register thru ip address others thru sip.pbxes.org all are dead no registration possible,
I have also reset my account.

They were up till 15 minutes ago when I was making a call and then got cut off.

At around the same time I got a messsage that my account was restored to www3. Should I change back to www4.

This is not good !!!!!!

Lately you seem to have lots of problems and moving accounts seem to have become normal.

Can we make the conclusion that pbxes as a platform has become unstable and that we need to find another solution.

Also I have asked the last time why I was moved to an american service while I am in europe. You have a europen backup server and why are we not moved to that server.

You used to have paris server but that had many problems also. From 3 european servers down to 2 servers. Maybe it's time to add antoher european server, maybe uk or nl.

What about money back as it seems your system is missing reliability which a pbx should normally have.

Yes it would be nice if you take the time to respond or look into the rpbome.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 20.07.2010 at 08:54.

20.07.2010 08:44 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
aav

RE: all extensions dead Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

agree with you, have the premium account since 3 weeks now and it is a kind of unstable....

20.07.2010 08:57 aavgoustatos is offline Search for Posts by aavgoustatos Add aavgoustatos to your Buddy List
bob

RE: all extensions dead Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I amnually changed from www3 to www1 and wow my extensions are registering now.

But wait the extensions that register thru sip address are registered and when receving an incoming line the pbxes statuspanel says it's ringing but the phone itself does not ring. Changed it back to registering thru sip.pbxes.org and now it does ring.

This has now cost me more than 30 minutes to solve a problem which should not have been a problem.
I have to write here on the forum, hoping I will get a responce.

pbxes should be a set and forget system but lately it has become a time consuming system.

If I have to spent 2 or 3 hours per month solving problems and writting here.

the conclusion is that pbxes is not worth the money anymore.

I have found a dutch cloud webhosting that has a failover system costing me around 15 euro for 1 cpu core, 512 mb ramd and 10-20 gb san diskspace. Looking at setting up elastix on that server.

It's time we get an explanaiting what is going on here.
PBXES.com is a nice system but if reliability is bad, we don't get answers to problems the only conclusion has to be stay away find another solution.

I hope we will get an answer what is going on, but givin the fact that iptel is not a very good in communication with customers i doubt that we will get some info at all.

20.07.2010 09:20 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
baz

I'm down again too

edit: www3 seems to have returned to life now

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz on 20.07.2010 at 11:05.

20.07.2010 11:01 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
dge

bobmats - I TOTALLY agree with you!!!

I got problems with pbxes in my own company AND at a customers of mine. It's annoying - and once again no word from Mr. Dr. IPTEL traurig traurig traurig

Regards Dominik

20.07.2010 11:04 dgerber is offline Search for Posts by dgerber Add dgerber to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: www3 server issue Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The developers are aware of the issue on the www3 server and are in the process of troubleshooting and fixing it. The issue was invoked following a memory upgrade, and it is still ongoing. The server seems to be unavailable at times, as a result of the ongoing issue.

We held off in posting an update, in order to pinpoint the issue.

20.07.2010 11:16 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
cms
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.06.2009

same here... down again.. some extensions work, some not. can not access the webinterface on www3 so no way to switch..

Looking seriously into another system, too bad, because I love the features and ease of use but unfortunately, IPtel seems not be be investing in getting the platform stable. Please, please communicate and try to solve the problems, if it means to double the price to invest in HW/SW do so, I'd rather pay double than lose my customers..

20.07.2010 11:16 cms is offline Search for Posts by cms Add cms to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

@bobmats: I mostly agree with most of your points as well.

But please keep in mind that for an extra 5 Euros per month you can have another PBXes account on the www1 server, to mirror your trunks and extensions, thus having instant fail-over instead of waiting for your account to move to another server.

Regarding the server you mentioned in NL, can you please get a quote for a server with 4 to 8 cores CPU (i5 or i7 from 2.5GHz to 3GHz), RAM of 8 to 12 Gb expandable to 32 Gb, 100 to 200 GB of HD space, 500 Gb to 1 Tb traffic per month, remote boot facility & rescue system. Let's find out what they will quote you.

20.07.2010 11:35 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Well, it was up for 20 minutes, but now it's down again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20.07.2010 12:16 703220 is offline Search for Posts by 703220 Add 703220 to your Buddy List
bob

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
@bobmats: I mostly agree with most of your points as well.

But please keep in mind that for an extra 5 Euros per month you can have another PBXes account on the www1 server, to mirror your trunks and extensions, thus having instant fail-over instead of waiting for your account to move to another server.

Regarding the server you mentioned in NL, can you please get a quote for a server with 4 to 8 cores CPU (i5 or i7 from 2.5GHz to 3GHz), RAM of 8 to 12 Gb expandable to 32 Gb, 100 to 200 GB of HD space, 500 Gb to 1 Tb traffic per month, remote boot facility & rescue system. Let's find out what they will quote you.

www.xlshosting.nl they offer vps on a san, spare backup in case server goes down. They might offer dedicated hardware but you would have to contact them.

Online I can only see max 4 cores, 8 gb, 240 gb hdd 6tb data euro 214,10 per month, monthly contract. This includes restart on another server in case the server goes down, data stored on san.

or go to www.webhostingtalk.nl to get several quotes from dutch companies.

all also depens on the serive levels you need, I assume you manage you own server. In case of dedicated server, replacement of broken parts in 4, 8, 24 hours. Do you need 24/7 service or emergency number. Als questions you can post for a qoute on webhostingtalk.nl if you are interested.

But if you want to shop for a server there are many other hosters around in netherlands. Just depends on the spec you are lokking for. for reliability for my own webshop I am using vps with san and not dedicated server, but who am I telling you what's best. In the end it's all about what do you want to pay to may a failsafe system.

As for settingup a second account. this might be an option but ask yourself the following question ?

Pbxes promotes itself as a system that offers a failover in case of problems. Now you are really saying that in order to have true failover I would need a second account ?
You might be true because lately it looks that pbxes failover system does not work at all and I would need a second account.
But wait recently we have seen problem with many server to both might go down.

The real question here is really reliability of pbxes which seems to bee the big issue the last year.

I have been using pbxes for several years and in the beginning hardly any problems the last year more and more problems.

One can say the price for pbxes is low and has not changed the last years. That said servers have become cheaper or same price but 4 times the capacity comparred to 3 years ago. Same applies to bandwidth included in a setup. San storage and failover server have become more common these days.

It's nice also to have free accounts and offer these but maybe growth in that area affects users that are paying. You might want to think about seperate servers for paying customers and for non paying customers.

If 1 server of 2 go down they are switched to other server and I don't know if there is enough capacity for all that switching. Same question when I am located in europe I don't want a usa server to be switched to.

As I said some things really have to change. You are offering phone service and I like many others rely on the phone for doing business. When down it cost time and money and when it happens to much it's bye bye pbxes, here I come vps could server.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 20.07.2010 at 13:36.

20.07.2010 12:49 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

The distributed concept of PBXes allows everybody - including the free users - to jump to a different server if there are issues of any kind on one of the servers. This can be controlled from the Personal Data tab.

An automatic system can perform this kind of failover but sometimes a manual intervention becomes necessary. If this is too much of a hassle for you you can prepare in advance and set up a permanent second account on another server - just one possible option.

We are working hard on fixing the issue on www3. The server became unstable after adding new RAM. We did not expect that. One could only expect such effects for too less of RAM. What does not help at all, is complaining while we are doing our best to solve the issue.

Thanks!

20.07.2010 13:47 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

iptel...it's nice that you give us the possibility to switch manually as an option. BUT I can't even access pbxes.org from my browser, as the server's down. So how do you expect me to switch to a different server?

I agree with bobmats...the problems over the last year are becoming somewhat unbearable. At a minimum, you should change your commitment listed on the store page of 99% uptime for premium account! That's just ridiculous!

20.07.2010 15:08 703220 is offline Search for Posts by 703220 Add 703220 to your Buddy List

Why did the moderators remove my last post? This was an extremely valid comment!

Once again: How can I switch to a different server manually if I can't access pbxes.org from my browser? When www3. goes down, I can't login!

Please do not delete this post...

20.07.2010 15:23 703220 is offline Search for Posts by 703220 Add 703220 to your Buddy List
mhc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.07.2010

Thought I was going mad watching my phone say 'no service' every few minutes...clearly not if there is a problem smile

Yes it's frustrating when it's down, but servers go down it's a fact of life and personally for the few euro a month I'm paying for the service I'm more than happy to pay that and let somebody else worry about keeping the service up rather than hosting an Asterisk box in-house.

The mods seem to be suggesting there is a way to have two accounts that will switch instantly, or have I misunderstood that? If so, are there instructions anywhere of how to implement that?

Also re 'hosting', what about Amazon AWS cloud services? I've been using their services for web hosting and testing for over a year and their instances seem pretty stable, obviously no idea if pbxes.com platform would work on their offerings though, but does allow you to potentially NOT worry about hardware issues.

Mark

20.07.2010 15:52 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
Although I am not personally affected by the www3 problem discussed here, Like Mark I am interested in a backup account as described above.
Can we have some info on exactly how to implement this and how it works,
Thanks
Ron

20.07.2010 16:14 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

We removed some of the added memory, and the server runs stable again. We will study the background of this issue to better handle server configurations in future.

We tried to keep the more RAM as an additional reserve power today but this was impossible. By doing more research we hope to accomplish that safely during the next months.

As you can see from the availability report (http://pbxes.org/status) - service state breakdown for service HTTP - www3 was available all day with short interruptions of a few minutes each. This would have allowed a server switch under manual control to avoid them.

I am sure Diafora will add further details on how to setup a second account as backup.

20.07.2010 17:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

@Mark & Ron: Consider the case where you only have one PAP2T with three trunks with DIDs, and all of them are setup on a PBXes account residing on the www1 server. Line 1 of the PAP2T is setup as extension 200 on PBXes account MarkRon. The three trunks have their respective inbound routes set to send inbound calls to ext. MarkRon-200

For redundancy purposes you setup another PBXes account RonMark on the www3 server. Line 2 of the PAP2T is setup as extension 200 on PBXes account RonMark. The three trunks have their respective inbound routes set to send inbound calls to ext. RonMark-200

Under normal operation, the SIP Proxies of the ITSPs for each trunk, will be sending the incoming calls to both PBXes accounts and as such both extensions (Lines 1&2) of the PAP2T will be ringing. Once you answer any of them, the other will stop instantly.

In case of failure on either www1 or www3 no action is needed from the user or the operator. Calls will keep coming in on the other PBXes account and its' associated extension. The cheapest insurance policy since the second PBXes account costs 50%. No account to move, your clients and associates just keep working.

If you set this up on IP phones, it it even easier to explain. Line 1 is on one system, Line 2 or 3 is on another system. If Line 1 is unavailable dial through Line 2 or 3. On incoming calls just pickup the handset and answer the call.

20.07.2010 18:50 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mhc
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 06.07.2010

Thanks for that Diafora, I can certainly see the logic of how that solution 'could' work. Only potential issue I can think of for me, at least, if that some of my incoming numbers aren't via a trunk, they are just 0844 numbers the provider maps to a specific sip URI and fairly sure they don't allow multiple URIs to be specified, there could be some way round that though....I'll give it some thought.

Just one question though to clarify something, are you saying that if I signup for a second paid account I'll get 50% discount on the price? Do I have to specifically apply for that somehow or does your payment system recognise the same PayPal address or something?

Mark

20.07.2010 19:26 mhcg is offline Search for Posts by mhcg Add mhcg to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
I am using SPA 1001 for most home extensions, the 2nd 'line' is outgoing only so nothing there for me.
Regards

20.07.2010 22:05 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

@Mark: There are ways to go around the limitation of the single URI, but your ITSP should understand the fail-over requirement and allow multiple SIP URIs to be used. If not, I am almost certain there are other ITSPs with 0844 numbers which can be more accommodating.

Regarding the 50% discount for the second and third accounts, I am almost certain the billing system recognizes it automatically, as long as you visit the Shop page after having logged in to your current PBXes account. I am almost certain Premium accounts work that way, and i-p-tel can certainly clarify this later on for SoHo accounts.

@Ron: The truth is, that you are gravely mistaken about the capabilities of the SPA-1001. It is one of the best ATAs Sipura ever produced, and the only ATA which will hold two registrations and output them to one FXS.

The SPA-10001 can be setup as an extension on two different PBXes accounts hosted on different servers, and accept incoming calls on one handset. The user is oblivious as to which line the call came in, since the SPA-1001 has only one FXS port. Every other ATA has two ports so the user can distinguish the line of the incoming call. I originally devised using two PBXes accounts for redundancy based on this unique feature of the SPA-1001, since the IP phones with multiple extensions were not widespread.

21.07.2010 08:26 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: