PBXes » English » Providers » RE: SipGate.de & Re-Invites
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

SipGate.de & Re-Invites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

Today, I have stumbled upon a peculiar case of an ITSP that apparently does not support SIP Re-Invites, and the inbound call gets dropped before media starts to flow, whereas outgoing calls get terminated properly without an issue.

As far as I can remember, if a Re-Invite is requested from a SIP UA, but the other SIP UA, B2BUA does not support it for any reason, the call proceeds as if the Re-Invite had never been requested.

Apparently, if the setting audio by-pass is set to Yes in the SipGate.de trunk configuration, calls using this trunk get dropped after the ringing phase, but before the media exchange phase.

Does anyone have a definitive answer whether trunks from SipGate.de support Re-Invites reliably?

I will appreciate any useful comment.

09.07.2010 00:55 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

RE: SipGate.de & Re-Invites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Diafora,
Not sure if it helps but,
I have set audio bypass on 2 extensions at my home and tested calls between them are ok with re-invites shown in the log.
I enabled audio bypass on my Sipgate.co.uk trunk and tested incoming calls to the same extensions. The calls complete ok but with no re-invites in the log.
I assume therefore that Sipgate does not support re-invites and pbxes has handled it correctly. Presumably Sipgate.de should behave the same way.
Regards

09.07.2010 12:47 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: SipGate.de & Re-Invites Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Was the audio bypass set to Yes on the configuration screen of your SipGate trunk as well?

I have a SipGate.co.uk trunk as well on my account, but no SipGate.de trunk, so I haven't tested Re-Invites with it.

There is a chance the SipGate.de SIP Proxy to be different from the the SipGate.co.uk SIP Proxy, and that is precisely the reason I posted the question to the forum.

11.07.2010 18:32 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

yes,
I configured extensions and sipgate trunk with audio bypass = yes. No re-invites were seen in the pbxes log during an incoming call through Sipgate (didn't try outgoing though).
extension to extension call resulted in re-invites in the log and low latency call.
Regards

11.07.2010 19:38 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

have to check I have sipgate.de sipgate.co.uk and sipgate.com extensions.

Only use them for incoming call but never had any problems.

Is there anything I have to check for you when I receive a call on my sipgate.de number ?

11.07.2010 20:25 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

The issue was reported on inbound calls to SipGate.de DIDs, the call drops as soon as it is answered, right after the ringing phase, when the Re-Invites are activated with the "audio bypass" set to Yes on the SipGate.de trunk and the extension.

There should be System log entries like the ones below, which indicate Re-Invite activity:

VERBOSE[55702] chan_sip.c: SIP response 100 to RE-invite on outgoing call 547686622@xxx_xxx_xxx_xxx (IP of the SIP UA)
VERBOSE[55702] chan_sip.c: SIP response 200 to RE-invite on outgoing call 33b14e0443a60eaf03cd11887f30c7f1@sip.itsp.com

VERBOSE[55702] chan_sip.c: Got a SIP re-invite for call 3c2bacc3f0dc-pe6zlba00kum (Re-Invite for inbound calls)

Thanks for your help.

11.07.2010 21:26 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

Will check I am not using audio bypass but when I have some more time I will test it.

12.07.2010 10:58 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: