PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: Outbound route confused
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
art
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 05.11.2006

Outbound route confused Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

An outbound route is directing an "internal" call (extension) to a trunk.
Calls to extension 202 are directed to the line as
the outbound route dialplan is
+2|0x.
002|0x.
-----
The trunk (used by the outbound route) was accepting anything (x.) but I've changed it now to accept only 0z.
Still, I suspect that calls to 202 may still attempt the trunk (at which point they should now fail (too late to try).

This was not happening before. I'd appreciate if you could check. (Last successful call to this extension was last week so I cannot place the time exactly).

I've tried restarting the virtual pbx (from personal details) but unsuccessfull at resolving the issue.

07.11.2007 01:04 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

An Outbound Route directs a call from an extension to a trunk, if the dialed digits match its' Dial Patterns.

What dialed digits are you trying to dial from the 202 extension, and to which trunk are they supposed to end up on?

Have the CDRs of the trunk provider recorded the call?

07.11.2007 02:22 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
art
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 05.11.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry if I confused the issue even further.

Problem restated:
I have an extension "202" that when I try to dial connects me to a Trunk.
The access to the trunk is through an outbound route which has a dialplan allowing +202 and 00202 (not plain 202). In fact, when +202 or 00202 are dialled the outbound route should strip the + or the 00 before sending to the trunk which accepts anything.

The outbound route points to a trunk (which coincidentally sits on the same box, a sipura 3000, but on a different port). The trunk is not registering.

So I call 202 and get through to the box but on the PSTN trunk - port 5065.

What I did (after I posted the first message) is put a further filter on the trunk record (in pbxes) requiring a 0 to be received from the outbound route before the number is sent to the trunk. (i.e. dialplan for trunk became
0z.

My point is really that this did not happen before. So I'm assuming that something changed over the weekend to cause this.

I've moved the extension number to 205 (changed it) and now the calls are going through.

I still do not understand why the 202 was directing to a trunk.

Notice my exact dialplan for the outbound route was

+2|0x.
002|0x.

so in theory a call to 202 (even if we assumed that pbxes might be confused and dropping the 00 or + that should have been dialled it should have still needed a character to satisfy a +20x. (I'm assuming ofcourse that the x is any digit and the '.' is a minimum of one further digit (I may be mistaken).. but why is it mistaking the + and 00 for a possible nothing?!

My own Trixbox (a little outdated) does not do this locally.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by art on 07.11.2007 at 23:48.

07.11.2007 23:19 artarzi is offline Search for Posts by artarzi Add artarzi to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

At the risk of sounding pedantic, let me state that an extension does not need to dial via a trunk, to reach another extension, join a conference etc. All of these call scenarios do not require the use of a trunk reaching outside the PBX. An extension to extension call will not be using an Outbound Route to reach a trunk, to get to another extension on the same PBXes account.

To prove this, if you delete all the trunks and outbound routes from your account, when you dial another extension the call will reach it natively, without the need for an outbound route. To avoid further confusion between extension lengths and outbound routes, try to use more than 3 characters to match in the Dial Patterns of any outbound route.

When an extension requires the use an outside trunk, the dialed digits need to match a Dial Pattern in any of the Outbound Routes. In your case I believe you are trying to dial to Egypt which has a country code of +20 or 0020.

If the above assumption is correct, the dial pattern you quoted should not be +2|0x. or 002|0x. but +20x. or 0020x. Since I am not comfortable with open ended dial patterns, if you are calling Cairo the dial pattern should be +202[234]xxxxxxx Other dial patterns exist to reach the rest of the country too.

In a nutshell, if you are trying to reach the other extensions on your PBXes account you don't need to define any Outbound Routes. If you think I have misunderstood any part of this, it might be helpful if you could describe what you are trying to achieve overall.

08.11.2007 05:31 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
req

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
I can't creat outbound routing Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello.

I have a Pbxes Pro. I have 100 outbounds routing. But I can`t create a new outbound routing. Do you know why ? How many outbounds routing I can create ? When I create a new, one old is deleted.

03.05.2010 00:48 requisitte is offline Search for Posts by requisitte Add requisitte to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

RE: Outbound route confused Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is there a limit for outbound routing ?

03.05.2010 00:51 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: