PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: www5 problems ?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: www5 problems ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

One of the disks of www5 needs to be replaced. That's why there will be another short downtime of www5 today.

28.02.2010 17:18 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: www5 problems ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't know but I get the impression reading the forum here the last month's lots of disks had to be replaced because of failure.

www5 seemed to have had heat issues and looks like they affected the hdd now also.

Since we don't know the specs of the servers you are running there is no way telling if they are running in hardware or software raid. What raid levels are you using.

Have you considered storage on a san server instead of a raid server.

You should agree that so many drive failure in such a short time are not good.

Also in the example of solverglobal he could not login and i did not read that he got swtiched to another server automatically.

I have suggested a login to a seperate server to do it yourself manually. Is this an option you are looking at and is is a solution that can be implemented.

28.02.2010 22:36 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Actually we are not sure about the disk defect yet. This might have been false alarm because of other disk failures in the past.

In the data centers in Europe we are running software raid level 1. That provides us with a unified interface across different data centers. Failover from one data center to another should also work when raid subsystem failed.

Thanks again for your idea of a control panel for manual failover. This is not easy to implement and maintain, but we will try to incorporate it into future releases.

02.03.2010 23:37 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Disk failure is confirmed now and will be replaced Wed Mar 17 in the afternoon.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 15.03.2010 at 10:19.

04.03.2010 07:28 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gra

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

This morning the problems are still there.

I am unable to connect my phones to the server. Even, I can't modify my setting and best of all no access to the forum trough the usual link.

It seems that www5 had received some spells from a devil.

Please find a solution to our nightmare. I hope the disk replacement will help.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gra on 16.03.2010 at 10:20.

16.03.2010 10:18 grabit is offline Search for Posts by grabit Add grabit to your Buddy List
sol
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 04.04.2008

I can not login since this morning also and even can not check status over the internet. WWW5 is giving us lot't of problems recently.
I am expecting some important calls today and this evening and it will be emberrasing if they will not be able to get through.
Can you do something? maybe move my account to anothet server?
Thank you

Dany

16.03.2010 16:19 solverglobal is offline Search for Posts by solverglobal Add solverglobal to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

We have closed www5 because it was too unreliable. All of its accounts have been moved to www1.

17.03.2010 04:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mai
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 17.09.2007

Good, at the moment I can register my softphone. Hope its all done now.

17.03.2010 11:09 mailjony is offline Search for Posts by mailjony Add mailjony to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: