PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: problems with pbxes (no sound)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tqp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
problems with pbxes (no sound) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum , so i dont know if i'm posting this on the right section,
but i've been experiencing problems with pbxes...
everything was working normally, untill i now I cant make calls, and when I receive calls i can't hear the other party... no configuration changed.. it simply stopped...
I tryied to re-register my trunks, nothing works...

so I've got a non-working pbx, what to do?

27.11.2008 19:44 tqpoints is offline Search for Posts by tqpoints Add tqpoints to your Buddy List
bob

RE: problems with pbxes (no sound) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

try calling another internal extension and see what happens.

The problem might be at the provider of the trunk..

Register the trunk in a softphone of voipbox and call the trunk and see what happens.

If all of this works than the problem might be at pbxes.
It might also be a network problem at your provider or a firewall problem at your local voip extension. Many possibilitirs.

27.11.2008 23:03 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tqp

RE: problems with pbxes (no sound) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok I re-registered all of my ata devices, and it seems to be working again, now i've got another issue..

first some info:

All my ata devices are = linksys wrtp54g

whenever I talk between 501 extension to 502, and assuming i'm the 501, I can hear him perfectly, and the 502 sometimes has some cut on my voice for a few seconds, he says he listens to a click, then it comes back after 2 seconds +-

what may it be?

29.11.2008 18:25 tqpoints is offline Search for Posts by tqpoints Add tqpoints to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Since I am not sure in which country you have bought these routers with the built-in ATAs, I can't really render an opinion on whether they are fully compatible with PBXes.

According to the Linksys website in the US this is a customized product for Vonage, not sold in the retail space to be used with any other service. Linksys Voice Over IP Routers > WRTP54G

Are these units unlocked and re-purposed Vonage devices? Have they been fully unlocked or are there any hidden settings to prevent them from being used with other SIP Proxies?

01.12.2008 01:14 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tqp

no this is NOT a vonage version, i bought here (brazil), and it were imported from china, from what the box says, its totally unlocked.... i can receive calls from external and talk normally, the problem is between these 2 extension

01.12.2008 14:49 tqpoints is offline Search for Posts by tqpoints Add tqpoints to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

OK, now that we have clarified a few variables, can you tell me whether these two extension are on the same physical network?

If they are not, are there any other SIP User Agents in their respective networks? Any other soft-phone or ATA running?

04.12.2008 00:36 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tqp

the 2 extensions are on different internet networks, but near physically. we can ping each other without any packet loss.

04.12.2008 18:34 tqpoints is offline Search for Posts by tqpoints Add tqpoints to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Here is what you should try, since both extensions are on Public IPs. Set the "audio bypass" to Yes on both extensions, and try calls between them.

Report back your findings, whether the call quality has improved as well.

04.12.2008 23:57 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
okt

Pfeil RE: problems with pbxes (no sound) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

and it were imported from china>>>>>>>
this maybe copy form Liksysy. I know that cost under USD$10 each. you can find them from eBay. but not working at all time. check the MAC.

21.09.2009 18:34 oktel is offline Search for Posts by oktel Add oktel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: