PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » still Callback doesn't recognize DTMF
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bon

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Callback doesn't recognize DTMF Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've gotten the callback function to actually call me back. In order to get that working, I had to turn on fax detection and set a delay, otherwise Callcentric (the provider of my DID) would just play an error message. No I correctly get a busy signal, although I must hang up the phone myself as the line never drops.

When I receive the callback and answer, I do get a dial tone, but when I dial numbers they are not recognized. This is on my cell phone. If I change the callback to instead be callthru, everything works fine. Unfortunetly the whole reason I wanted PBXes Pro is to have callback. Hopefully someone can provide some help.

Thanks.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bon on 16.03.2008 at 17:24.

16.03.2008 17:22 bongdan is offline Search for Posts by bongdan Add bongdan to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Confirmation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tested the same scenario without turning Fax Detection on, since I didn't use any of my Callcentric DIDs. The call went through followed by a Re-Order (Busy) signal, but when the Call-back was established, no DTMF was recognized able to break through the dial-tone heard in the background.

Similar to your case, by changing this to Callthru the DTMF digits were properly recognized.

16.03.2008 19:33 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Callback doesn't recognize DTMF Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When you switch to callthru for testing purposes the call gets connected via the trunk belonging to the DID.

Callback to your phone is not necessarily dialed out via this trunk. Instead outbound routing determines the trunk as you can see in the Call Monitor.

So you need to check the dtmfmode setting of that trunk, adjust it til you find the right of the four possible values.

16.03.2008 23:14 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bon

Solved Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks i-p-tel...that was indeed the problem. ViaTalk requires inband DTMF, so changing that on that trunk solved the problem and has allowed a new one to present itself.

Callback comes, I dial a number and then after a short delay another dial tone and a message in the system log "Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:1/0/0)"

17.03.2008 01:27 bongdan is offline Search for Posts by bongdan Add bongdan to your Buddy List
bon

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The the congestion message has gone away, and instead no matter what number I dial when called back it rings my extension 1 instead of placing the call (if I first dial a one). Otherwise, it attempts to call whatever extension corresponds to the first digit I press.

Turns out to be some issue with ViaTalk. If I make the callback calls use CallCentric as the outgoing trunk, then everything works fine. Still not the best solution, as I wanted all calls to the USA to use ViaTalk and all calls to Canada to use CallCentric, so each country would get a more local caller ID. If anyone has any ideas, I'm keen to hear them.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by bon on 17.03.2008 at 04:04.

17.03.2008 02:26 bongdan is offline Search for Posts by bongdan Add bongdan to your Buddy List
bob

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

if it dials your extension, please look at the outbound routing to check the settings for the trunk.

It could be that you get an internal dialtone so no call will go outside and as you said it will dial an internal number

I use the callback option here and have different outgoing routes

For example I first have to dail 70 for trunk1
71 for trunk 2 and so on.

So setup outbound routing.

Choose name
Trunk sequence = select trunk you want to use
Set Destination > numbers starting by: 70|xx

Save and apply.

what 70 does is whanever you dial 70 the system knows it has to use that trunk.
the | means that the 70 will be stripped from dialing on that trunk. So just put 70 before the number and it will dial and strip the 70.

You can setup more routes this way, 70 for use, 71 for canada and so on.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 17.03.2008 at 12:53.

17.03.2008 12:52 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
bon

No, no matter what is done if my outgoing trunk used for the callback is ViaTalk then it only recognizes the first digit. It is a simple enough solution to use my CallCentric trunk for the callback, and then ViaTalk for all outbound USA calls. All I had to do is input the short list of Canadian area codes into a calling rule, and use that as the factor the selects CallCentric, which since my cell phone (used for callback) is a Canadian number, it all works out.

Thanks for the suggestion though, but really, I don't want to have to be prefixing codes onto anything I dial.

22.03.2008 19:02 bongdan is offline Search for Posts by bongdan Add bongdan to your Buddy List
flo

still Callback doesn't recognize DTMF Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

hi,

sorry to bother you with this issue again , but i've tried everything in this thread and didnt find solution on any other
i have the same problem after the callback its so unstable and doesnt recognize my DTMF , im using callcentric as my outbound trunk , and DID from IPKAL .
changed the DTMF in the trunk according to calcentric tried RFC2833 / inband / auto and still nothing .
also tried it with G729 didnt help.

please help me please its urgent

28.07.2009 11:54 flowersd is offline Search for Posts by flowersd Add flowersd to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: