PBXes » English » Providers » RE: ISSUE: inbound calls from voipvoip.com failing frequently
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ven

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
ISSUE: inbound calls from voipvoip.com failing frequently Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Frequently, inbound calls from a SIP trunk (via a DID) from provider voipvoip.com fail to get picked up by pbxes. I get a busy message from the SIP provider. When I make a (frequently null) change to the trunk and submit and click apply, inbound calls seem to work again for a period. Outbound calls on the same trunk work just fine during that down period.

I imagine the problem is at pbxes end, probably with inbound registration? Its hard to tell because there is no debug data.

Thoughts on how to fix?

12.05.2009 00:08 venkatperi is offline Search for Posts by venkatperi Add venkatperi to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: ISSUE: inbound calls from voipvoip.com failing frequently Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have manually lowered your registration interval on trunks. Does this help?

15.05.2009 20:14 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ven

RE: ISSUE: inbound calls from voipvoip.com failing frequently Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It has improved to a degree, but some calls still are not going through to pbxes.

15.05.2009 21:38 venkatperi is offline Search for Posts by venkatperi Add venkatperi to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

OK, this is a sign of multiple registrations. Are you sure that there is no other device still registering the account on voipvoip?

15.05.2009 23:48 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ven

PBXes is the only entity that talks to voipvoip. All my devices talk to pbxes extensions.

BTW, this problem is occurring on both my pbxes accounts, each of which talks to a different voipvoip account.

16.05.2009 00:19 venkatperi is offline Search for Posts by venkatperi Add venkatperi to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

I only changed the interval on account venkatperi.

Have you asked voipvoip for a solution? They should have more info because the busy/voicemail happens on their end.

16.05.2009 12:37 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ven

I've asked them to look into it and also for a log dump.

16.05.2009 18:55 venkatperi is offline Search for Posts by venkatperi Add venkatperi to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

After you changed the name into an IP address it worked. Two ideas:

• sip3.voipvoip.com has two SRV entries. One is for host sip3.voipvoip.com and the other for magneto.voipvoip.com. Test with magneto.voipvoip.com, please. Maybe it does not work with incoming calls.
  • If you could not receive an inbound call do you see anything in System Log at this time?

19.05.2009 07:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: