PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: digital receptionist -> callthru
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 07.07.2006

digital receptionist -> callthru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'd like to be able to have a call-thru digital receptionist option, i.e. digital receptionist menu option which would ask for pin and then provide a dialtone.

Currently you need a separate DID for this purpose, which does not always make sense.

Thanks!

--igor

21.11.2008 04:31 sia is offline Search for Posts by sia Add sia to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: digital receptionist -> callthru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

First create an inbound route

in the trunkname field enter username-callthru

callthru can also be any other name like call1 etc
click on special services and enter the calltru pin

submit to save

go to extensions

create an extension say 333
go to the dial.
enter SIP/username-callthru (this should be the name you typed in at the inbound route)

submit and press the red bar in the top.

Now when you call extension 333 you will be asked for a pin number and after that you have a dialtone.

In the digital receptionist you just add a menu option and dial extension 333

This should do what you want, Choose a 6 digit pin code so no one can use your callthru system

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 21.11.2008 at 18:31.

21.11.2008 18:29 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
sia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 07.07.2006

RE: digital receptionist -> callthru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks!

Tried that - and i'm getting reorder tone when calling this extension from PSTN or another extension:

Nov 21 09:02:05 VERBOSE[3668] logger.c: -- Called username-callthru
Nov 21 09:02:05 VERBOSE[6640] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 482 "Loop Detected"

Username above is my PBXes username; as i understand it get's routed to PBXes, then incoming route is chosen...

Aha, got it to work with dial set to SIP/username-callthru@pbxes.org.
pbxes.com works as well; if i remove it i'm getting "Loop Detected" again.

Thanks!

--igor

21.11.2008 19:27 sia is offline Search for Posts by sia Add sia to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970

my mistake,

SIP/username-callthru@pbxes.org or .com should work fine.

21.11.2008 21:01 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

Hello.

Please. Can I use this solution ?

I need something like :

When I received a call, the digital receptionist says : "Please, enter the number you would like to call after the tone".

How can I do this ?

Thank you .

Tony

14.03.2010 04:05 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I doubt very much, that you wish to expose yourself to call fraud, by implementing such an open IVR, that anyone calling your DID or SIP URI, is able to dial calls to any destination without authorization.

Please reconsider. You might want to limit your exposure, by asking for a PIN, which is supported via the Callthru option.

14.03.2010 19:51 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Ok Diafora. You`re right. I need something like:

When someone calls will hear a recording asking to enter a number. This used a dial specific outbound route that allows free calls between users on the same voip provider. How can I do this? I use the callthru or other role. Sorry, but it is a translation by Google, because my English is not like yours. Thank you very much. Tony

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 18.04.2010 at 23:19.

15.03.2010 01:09 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Well, before I venture on offering a solution regarding your requirement, let me ask you a couple of questions:

• How many distinct users (codes or numbers) did you have in mind to implement?
• How many distinct Outbound Routes did you have in mind to use?

Take care.

16.04.2010 20:52 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

1) Probabily 50 or 100 codes (PINs).

2) Probabily 50 or 100 Outbound routes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 18.04.2010 at 23:20.

16.04.2010 21:08 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: