PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Voicemail size
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cml

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Voicemail size Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello,

Currently our voicemail only allows callers to leave a message of 1min in length.

How can we extend it to say at least 2 mins?

Thank you,

Chad

05.11.2006 23:50 cmlone is offline Search for Posts by cmlone Add cmlone to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Voicemail size Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The maximum duration is set to 3 minutes.

I have moved this to feature requests to make it configurable.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 30.03.2007 at 17:21.

06.11.2006 02:21 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

RE: Voicemail length Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Has this been done? I can't find the feature.
My voicemail cuts off after 1 minute. I have
actors calling in to read scripts, I need to be
able to extend this. Thank you.

07.11.2008 03:00 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Voicemail size Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's configurable in Source View >> vm_general.inc, but it should be set to 3 minutes by default.

07.11.2008 14:07 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

My settings do reflect a 3 minute length.
Is it possible that the silence threshold was triggered? Can we make
it less sensitive? Actors tend to pause and change volume when they speak.
I just don't want them getting all confused and frustrated when what I want from them is a simple voicemail.

07.11.2008 17:55 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes, you can try to adjust maxsilence and silencethreshold – this keyword configures the silence detection threshold, which is used for maxsilence keyword. If you set a lower value to the silencethreshhold keyword, the sensitivity of the silence detector will fall down (the system will recognize silence in more noisy calls). The value of silencethreshold should be greater or equal to 0 and lower than 256.

07.11.2008 23:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

Ok, two things. How can I make these changes?

And, I was reviewing the voicemail I was testing. It cut me off in the middle of a word. What could be the cause of this?

Edit: I tested again with the same result. 1 minute message. So, I don't think it's the silence threshold. Perhaps there is a bug, if so can you please move this message to where it ought to be. And what can I test to give you more info?
Thank you.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mem on 08.11.2008 at 00:20.

08.11.2008 00:09 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Voicemail size Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We fixed that bug. Please try again after clicking the red bar.

08.11.2008 01:25 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

Thank you. The three minute limit is working now.

08.11.2008 05:51 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: