PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Downgrade difficulties
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bh2
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.12.2006

Downgrade difficulties Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I didn't see a response to my emails, so I'll try here.

I can not find a way to downgrade my Premium account to just the SOHO level. My existing Premium service was automatically renewed on July 14, 2008 by charge to a credit card that is _not_ associated with my PayPal account. I had noticed a pending PayPal charge at one point, but it disappeared and the actual renewal was done using the old credit card with which I had originally opened my Premium account (I believe I had to establish the PayPal account only to verify my existence at the time).
I also purchased an annual SOHO account through my PayPal account on August 12, 2008. It is the only account for which I can find a method to cancel.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bh2 on 28.08.2008 at 05:39.

28.08.2008 05:32 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Downgrade difficulties Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are solely using Paypal accounts for charging credit cards. Maybe you have used a different Paypal account?

According to the display in the forum you are not a Premium user any more. The forum displays the highest account type purchased (Soho, Premium, PRO). So I guess your Premium subscription has been canceled already.

28.08.2008 14:50 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bh2
Grünschnabel

RE: Downgrade difficulties Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
We are solely using Paypal accounts for charging credit cards. Maybe you have used a different Paypal account?

I have only one Paypal account that was originally set up just for PBXes! ;-) I had resisted until then.

You may think you are exclusively using Paypal, but my premium account renewal processed exactly as stated above. I was very surprised at the time when it disappeared from being listing as a pending charge on the Paypal associated AMEX card, and was instead charged to the original card that I don't intentionally use anymore [also an AMEX]].

As far as attempting any refund on my premium account... who knows where it will go. ;-) Of course, I'd be just as happy if it were used to extend the duration of the new SOHO account since I am _very_ pleased with PBXes services!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bh2 on 28.08.2008 at 23:52.

28.08.2008 23:52 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Lampe RE: Downgrade difficulties Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There was a bug in the Forum software. It now displays your status correctly as Premium because you actually still have these two subscriptions. I verified this within our Paypal account. Both are registered to the one Paypal account you have.

So please re-check on your end. You should be able to see both of them.

29.08.2008 00:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bh2
Grünschnabel

The July transaction doesn't show at Paypal; only the August 12 SOHO subscription is there. However, checking the AMEX statement shows that it _was_ a Paypal transaction [ 06/23/2008 PAYPAL *IPTEL GMBH 4029357733 CA ] !

I found that the old card was still in Paypal records, so they used it instead of the designated card for reasons I do not know at this time.

I guess it's a PayPal bug of some sort, the July transaction and all related information is completely missing from any account history I can obtain online. I'm very concerned that Paypal may have invisible transactions, or may have lost all information about a transaction. The worst part is that I apparently have no way to cancel the subscription, or to prevent it from automatically renewing in the future other than to dispute it when I see it on a bill. Then, everybody involved will be very unhappy.

Could you suggest how to resolve this issue with Paypal? It obviously is not a good situation for either of us. If you think we should communicate/resolve this through some means other than the forum, please let me know. Thanks.

29.08.2008 04:09 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

I can explain to you why the other card was taken: Paypal stores which card to use separately for each subscription. Within Paypal you can click on a subscription and change its funding source.

Zitat:
The July transaction doesn't show at Paypal; only the August 12 SOHO subscription is there. However, checking the AMEX statement shows that it _was_ a Paypal transaction [ 06/23/2008 PAYPAL *IPTEL GMBH 4029357733 CA ] !
You should check in June. 6/23/2008 is not in July.

29.08.2008 13:41 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bh2
Grünschnabel

Thanks for your help. I'm learning a whole lot more about PayPal than I ever wanted.

I had to access the original 2006 subscription transaction in the search to be able to access the cancellation option.
Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
You should check in June. 6/23/2008 is not in July.

Sorry, I can be a dense at times traurig

29.08.2008 15:43 bh2o is offline Search for Posts by bh2o Add bh2o to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: