PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: TringMe - investigation
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mem

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
TringMe - investigation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello all.

I am wondering if there is anything of value for us pbxers in this:

http://tringswitch.com/

I am not sure what it is, but it seems to be able to connect a lot of things together. Which is good right?

23.07.2008 13:40 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
dor

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Tringme is a free beta web-phone service,
but tringswitch is something more interesting. They seem to offer it as a platform and framework they built their services on to 3rd party developers for... well, new 3rd party web based telephony applications and services. Might be interesting, hopefully (given all the components listed) it won't be merely a base for another fancy app for facebook teens.

24.07.2008 03:56 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: TringMe - investigation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It offers two interesting features: A flash-based softphone for toll-free access and Skype integration. However, the more interesting, the Skype integration, is not ready yet.

24.07.2008 14:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mem

RE: TringMe - investigation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Integrating Skype into more open Voip systems seems to be the Holy Grail huh? I see a lot of people write about that topic.

24.07.2008 21:00 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
dor

many tried, it never seem to work reliably. Many examples, just google, didww and skypy for example... Lot's of unexplained failures. No, in fact I know one case when it went pretty well - Mobivox.

Anyways, I'd rather looked at this
http://adhearsion.com/

It can have real value for PBXers - imagine ability to write dial plans and incoming calls handling on Ruby language!
Sky is the limit.

24.07.2008 21:21 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
mem

That looks really cool. I don't understand half of it but hey! How about we make a subset of users willing to submit some of there system to testing accounts. I would definitely put my home phone to the test. If you call my house and don't know my cell then you must be a telemarketer. No loss if the system gets wonky. I am down....

24.07.2008 22:19 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: