PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
fit
Premium Account

Registration Date: 29.03.2008

"Max Wait Time" to voicemail? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is there a way to transfer a call, after the "Max Wait Time" is reached, to a voice mail extension?

If a customer waited for 5 minutes and no one answered his/her call, the caller should be at least offered the courtesy to leave a message!

Also, is there a way to send a caller from a queue straight to voice mail after hour?

Thanks,

Michael

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fit on 09.04.2008 at 19:13.

09.04.2008 16:42 fitness is offline Search for Posts by fitness Add fitness to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: "Max Wait Time" to voicemail? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The purpose of the failover destination in queue settings is to choose how to proceed after max. wait time is reached.

I suggest to choose a lower max. wait time and play with different failover destinations to examine the problem.

Menu "incoming calls" provides options for regular and after hours. You can send calls to a queue during regular hours and to voicemail after hours.

10.04.2008 18:00 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fit
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your reply.

If I select a lower than 5 minutes time, the call still hungs up with no failover. Mine is set to a non-registered extension with voicemail activated. Is registering the voicemail extension to an ATA with an answering machine attached the only way?

Other than that everything works great now!

I noticed that the afterhour works only if the extension is not listed in the inbound routing.

But when I change the afterhour to trigger it, the call is immediately terminated.

I must assume that the afterhour rule applies only to trunks that are not directly pointing to a specific extension. Is that right?
The call monitor reports reception of the call to the voicemail extension with 0 seconds.

In the System Log I see the following (the sip number is partially obscured for privacy):

VERBOSE[4651] chan_sip.c: Hangup call SIP/174730XXXXX-ef07, SIP callid 3e81344f117e4dc273a166f5509d71cc@66.54.140.46

Thanks again,

Michael

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by fit on 10.04.2008 at 19:12.

10.04.2008 18:36 fitness is offline Search for Posts by fitness Add fitness to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: "Max Wait Time" to voicemail? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Your voicemail did not work at all. We have fixed the problem.

10.04.2008 19:54 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
fit
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks!

10.04.2008 23:43 fitness is offline Search for Posts by fitness Add fitness to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: