PBXes » English » Bugs » RE: One way audio
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
One way audio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi

We have been using pbxes with a mixture of Linksys SPA941 wired desk phones and wireless Nokia E90 mobiles for a number of months with no problems - across multiple sites and multiple internet connections in multiple countries

However over the last couple of weeks we have seen the following problems with the Nokias (Linksys' seem unaffected) -

1. Either no audio being heard by either party or one hearing and the other not
2. Failure of external switchboards to recognise the tones generated by the phone - eg when typing in the number of a switchboard

This problem only affects the Nokia.s and happens frequently if you are calling another Nokia connected to the same internet connection. It happens around 50% of the time if you are calling an external number.

We are using different routers on different sites - all of the ones we have tested exhibit same issues. We are also using different internet providers and different trunk providers - again same problem with all of them.

We have made no changes to the Nokias, the routers, or any part of the configuration between the time it was working fine and now when it is not.

Therefore - what has changed in pbxes in the last few weeks to explain this problem? We believe we have ruled out everything else.

Thanks

30.06.2009 12:20 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: One way audio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zitat:

This problem only affects the Nokia.s and happens frequently if you are calling another Nokia connected to the same internet connection. It happens around 50% of the time if you are calling an external number.
What happens to calls from Nokia to Nokia on different Internet connections?

We have made some changes to RTP protocol on 6/19. They were reflected with the first click on "Submit & Start" after that date.

I doubt that these are the reason for your problem because they would not explain why it runs sometimes. This is more indicating a router problem. Have you tested the Nokias on 3G?

30.06.2009 16:26 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
met

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: One way audio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Calls between Nokias connected on different internet connections seem to work fine.
It is not just one router it is happening with - so far we have tested in 3 different locations - and it is happening in each one. All three locations have different internet connections and different model routers. No changes have been made to any of them since it worked ok.

02.07.2009 18:08 metokote is offline Search for Posts by metokote Add metokote to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: One way audio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This subject has been merged to:
http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?postid=1246741615

04.07.2009 23:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to: