PBXes » English » Providers » RE: Voicestick /etc/hosts mod
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ayk

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Voicestick /etc/hosts mod Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Pascal,

It seems voicestick need the same kind of modification to your hosts file for it to work:

206.165.50.116 i2telecom.com

I've searched the forum for either voicestick or i2telecom, but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks a lot.

17.07.2006 19:30 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Voicestick /etc/hosts mod Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've set it. Try if it works.

18.07.2006 10:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Works perfect now. smile

Thanks a lot!!

18.07.2006 17:43 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
dub

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

What do you need to do to get voicestick to work. I tried substituting 206.165.50.116 i2telecom.com for my sip server setting. That did nothing.

21.07.2006 14:19 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
ayk

Dubaistu: I just use i2telecom.com as my sip server as Pascal added the correct redirection in the hosts file. Your username is 1+your 10-digit phone number (i.e. 1NXXNXXXXXXX).

Pascal: Does this hosts mod work on the new North American server? My voicestick and hk2b trunks both are not working after moving to the new server.

For your reference, in /etc/hosts:

206.165.50.116 i2telecom.com
203.80.89.135 s2hkbntel.net s21.hkbntel.net

Thanks a lot!

26.07.2006 16:59 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Voicestick /etc/hosts mod Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ayking, you are faster than I am. Now I have copied the mod to the San Diego machine.

Thanks,
Pascal

26.07.2006 17:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
ayk

Oops, I was too excited about the American site. :p I'll have more patience next time.

I am very happy to report that it is now working perfectly. Thanks a lot!

26.07.2006 18:14 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
dub

voicestick works for me now as well. Good job. I just got back from holiday in Ireland and the Netherlands. It will be interesting to see how the various changes are working.

Before leaving , I had connected a FWD dial number to my pbxes.com and created a pin dial in system. I then used the SIP Broker's PSTN gateway to access my system for the price of a domestic call to a landline. It was great.

07.08.2006 12:23 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

voicestick Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am using the north american server and I keep losing registrations to voicestick. Also, it gives me no ring back on international calls when it does work

18.08.2006 07:03 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
cru
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 11.05.2006

losing registration Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got the same problem with Voicestick. It works fine until the registration keeps working.

21.08.2006 21:39 cruzon is offline Search for Posts by cruzon Add cruzon to your Buddy List
ayk

I'm having problems with voicestick registration on the San Diego server as well. May be something on the config side of it on the San Diego server?

28.08.2006 18:54 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

I read something recently about needing to reload asterisk every hour or voicestick will not work. I have also read elsewhere that this issue may have to do with a cached registration being re used.

Apparently they are doing this asterisk reload via a cron job

I have found that on my asterisk server as well it will register for an hour and then never re registers, unless I reload asterisk!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 30.08.2006 at 06:34.

30.08.2006 06:32 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
hwi
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 01.03.2006

VoiceStick (i2Telecom) trunk drops registration after an hour and then doesn't register again unless you manually do something with it. Is there anything that can be done?

05.09.2006 03:21 hwittenb is offline Search for Posts by hwittenb Add hwittenb to your Buddy List
aru

I have the same problem with voicestick and pbxes. It looses the resistration after sometime.

Any workarounds?

05.09.2006 05:13 arun is offline Search for Posts by arun Add arun to your Buddy List
hwi
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 01.03.2006

The problem with VoiceStick registrations (after the initial one) as Supernettel reported, and is reported elsewhere, is said to be the fact that a sip user agent (UA) must re-register with a non-cached credential request. In other words, when it's time to re-register, the UA must request a new nonce and not try to use the old nonce. Anything else will cause the SIP Registrar to reply with a 401 Unauthorized. This apparently causes problems with asterisk systems.

Any hope?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hwi on 06.09.2006 at 02:06.

05.09.2006 20:49 hwittenb is offline Search for Posts by hwittenb Add hwittenb to your Buddy List
squ

I am VERY intersted too. I tried to use the voicestick number but after one hour it died. The gentleman that made this website is very smart, I hope he will be able to figure out how to allow it to reload once a hour or so. Please keep me informed. Thanks!

25.09.2006 20:55 squirrel is offline Search for Posts by squirrel Add squirrel to your Buddy List
bob

I have the same problem with voicestick, after 1 hours i dies.

06.10.2006 17:00 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dub

Voicestick is now dumping Asterisks users. I'm not sure it is worth the effort to keep them. Whle it shoudl be possible to hide your Asterisks connection, people using ordinary sip clients have been complaining about getting bumped as well. Voicestick has designed that BYOD equipment is a violation of the TOS.

13.11.2006 07:47 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
dan
Soho Account

Registration Date: 08.07.2007

hi, yesterday i buyed a DID number from voicestick, but i cant configure in PBXes

the NEW host is: 72.5.80.116

it works in my pap2

04.12.2008 10:37 danylati is offline Search for Posts by danylati Add danylati to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: