PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Play message and hangup
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dek

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Play message and hangup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When someone calling after hours, I would like to be able to play a "Sorry we are closed..." and the hangup.

Is it possible?

Thanks

07.08.2008 14:10 dekolet is offline Search for Posts by dekolet Add dekolet to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Lampe RE: Play message and hangup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We have added a button "hangup" for call routing. So you could use an empty queue or a digital receptionist with option t.

07.08.2008 15:49 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dek

RE: Play message and hangup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Perfect, I'll try it setting it up tomorrow.

Thanks.

07.08.2008 16:54 dekolet is offline Search for Posts by dekolet Add dekolet to your Buddy List
mor

RE: Play message and hangup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi

for my business it would be great to have a play and hangup that can easy be changed by the voicemail-menue via telephone.

If the doctor is not in there has to be a message that some other doc is reachable under the following number...

This message changes 2x per day. It must be changeable very easy for the girls on the desk. So no explorer or firebird. Only telephone!

In this moment I have a VMbox w/o telephone and the desk-phone is redirected to it after hours (knob press on phone - not via times). But there is only the possibilty to have the normal VM-playback with being able to talk on the recorder afterwards. Thats not good if someone talks and is than waiting for help (the message will never being heard!).

Mort

10.07.2009 07:33 mortimor is offline Search for Posts by mortimor Add mortimor to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Hey Mort,

Although I am not entirely certain about the option you are looking for, I believe such functionality can be setup on the current system.

The way I understand it, you are looking for an option in which an incoming call will be answered by an IVR, the caller will listen to a message and the call will hang-up immediately after that.

If the above assumption is correct, setup an IVR (Digital Receptionist) Voice Menu Map, with 1 dialed option and select the Hangup Action. Prepare ahead of time the appropriate System Recording which will relay the information to the caller, and select it during the first step as the "Recording" in the "Options for Menu" of the IVR.

Test this setup and let us know if it works according to your requirement.

10.07.2009 11:02 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mor

THAT is exactly the problem.
The girls are not able to change the IVR-Settings because they do not have any Internet-Access! So they can NOT connect to the pbxes-Menue via Internet.

I only need a Voicebox, that only answers with playback that is spoken on with the phone itself. - Exactly like you speak your unavailable-Message to your voicebox.

I think this would only work with the Voicebox.
I found the possibility to change "maxmessages" to "1" and than after the first person spoke on the box there would be no other possibility to speak on the box. But than the box tells the call that the box is full. That would be very unprofessional.

Sorry for my bad english but I hope now it is clear what I mean ?

Mort

10.07.2009 11:59 mortimor is offline Search for Posts by mortimor Add mortimor to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Mort,

Please don't get me wrong, but PBXes is a hosted PBX service based solely on access to the Internet. It is sort of a requirement to get full access to most of its' features.

Surely, by using SIP Trunks for inbound and outgoing PSTN calls makes it a lot more versatile, but they are not an absolute requirement. PBXes cannot replace an on-premise traditional PBX, which does not require access to the Internet, and that is partially the reason traditional PBX systems are still being sold today.

So in your case, the question which begs for an answer is: Why are these girls who have no access to the Internet use an Internet based PBX instead of a traditional one?

Regarding your comment about a Voicebox, I think you mean a VoiceMail box. But according to what you have described so far in this thread, the proper solution to your call scenario which will play a message and hang up, is an IVR to play the message and end with the Hangup action, not a VoiceMail box.

That is exactly what I described in my previous message. Try setting it up and see if it works better than the VoiceMail box you have setup now. If you need help setting it up, let us know.

I understand the girls have no access to the Internet, and therefore can't change the message twice a day, but I can't help you there. Maybe you can change the Recording file (message) of the Digital Receptionist twice a Day yourself, or get another person with access to the Internet to do it on your behalf, or you can make it a requirement for the girls to get Internet access to do it themselves.

Maybe a wireless data connection over EDGE, GPRS, HSPA, etc, will do the trick. Without knowing for which country and city we are talking about, it's really hard to conclude what the optimal solution will be in this case.

11.07.2009 00:06 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mor

Yes OK, I understand your opion.

The girls are NOT ALLOWED to have Internet! There is no technical reason for this.

In the past we had an answering machine that offert this feature. One message for the recording or one message for only being played and than hang up.

In Asterisk it would be very easy to set up this feature - pbexes only does not offer this.

So please take this as an feature request for the future.

Mort

btw: we do want an asterisk solution to have an IVR for reception. No "normal" pbx in "normal" price range can offer this to us.
pbxes is a solution that offers (nearly) what we need - but not all. So we have to take the best of it or find another solution. An own Asterisk is one but it is not without maintanance like pbxes.

11.07.2009 08:57 mortimor is offline Search for Posts by mortimor Add mortimor to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey Mort,

It seems that we are referring to two separate issues. One has to do with the technical implementation of what you are trying to achieve, whereas the other has to do with the logistics of who is going to be recording the ever-changing message.

I propose to split these issues up. On the technical issue, does my proposal of using the Digital Receptionist with 1 dialed option to Hangup, satisfy your requirement?

If it does, then let's discuss the logistics of changing the messages.

13.07.2009 19:13 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mor

Ok, but I will not give them the right to access the setup-website so they can config all the stuff not needed for them like new extensions, lines etc.

btw: is there a "user-interface" that can only handle the one extension (e.g. redirections, calls etc?)

As a possibility to implement my request it would be easy with editing the extensions.conf. I did this on a local machine and that is what I need.

--- schnipp ---
;########## Ansage #############
;### Praxis ist geschlossen. ###
;###############################
; Aufnahme des Textes
exten => 998,1,Answer()
exten => 998,n,Wait(2)
exten => 998,n,Playback(vm-rec-unv)
exten => 998,n,Playback(beep)
exten => 998,n,Record(praxis_geschlossen.gsm)
exten => 998,n,Wait(2)
exten => 998,n,Playback(praxis_geschlossen)
exten => 998,n,Wait(2)
exten => 998,n,Hangup

; Hierher weiterleiten zur Ansage des Textes "praxis_geschlossen.gsm"
exten => 999,1,Answer()
exten => 999,2,Wait(1)
exten => 999,3,Playback(praxis_geschlossen)
exten => 999,4,Wait(2)
exten => 999,5,Playback(praxis_geschlossen)
exten => 999,6,Wait(2)
exten => 999,7,Playback(praxis_geschlossen)
exten => 999,8,Hangup()

--- schnipp ---

So you call 998 and may speak on.
After hours the main-extension is than redirected not to answering machine but to 999.

You see - very easy - if you are allowed to edit extensions.conf. But for our business pro-account would be much to expensive... For 40,-- I could easily run a separate machine inkl. Hardware-, Power and backup-issues.

Mort

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mor on 14.07.2009 at 08:27.

13.07.2009 19:24 mortimor is offline Search for Posts by mortimor Add mortimor to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

The Record() function is not available on PBXes. Another possibility would be editing vm_general.inc setting "format=" (that setting remains after unsubscribing PRO).

14.07.2009 17:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: