PBXes » English » Miscellaneous »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Server Was down! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just a comment, this server ,. www2.pbxes.com, as well as my server in the same data center were down for a while about 8 hours ago.

It looks like domainGurus Lost all connectivity, and I know that in the case of my server , it looked as if it had rebooted.

Since , my dedicated inbound fax number is answered with silence and I have had three calls turn into one way conversations at random points but normally after 15 minutes, I now think there may be something not quite right..

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 16.11.2006 at 05:45.

16.11.2006 05:42 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Server Was down! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Our records confirm what you are saying. Your Premium Accounts were temporarily moved from San Diego to Frankfurt twice. The reason were two network outages in San Diego which were 12 and 26 minutes long.

16.11.2006 11:47 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can see in the logs that PBXes is still ansewing my dedicated fax number, however the calling party hears nothing . This began after yesterday's outage.

ALso worth noting, was that I was not able to make calls , so the trasfer to the de server was not transparent. perhaps this is a problem with the way my ATAs are configured?

16.11.2006 22:10 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Server Was down! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't think the network outage has anything to do with your fax problem. Look into your call monitor searching for "fax". Problems already started before the outage. I made a testcall to supernettel-fax@pbxes.org and got the faxtone as expected.

To make your endpoints safe against network outages in a particular data center be sure to set the SIP server to "pbxes.org".

17.11.2006 00:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Disabling some CODECS seems to do the trick as my SIP dialing from Xpro was unsuccessful till I diabled other CODECS. It looks like fax MUST be g711u

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 18.11.2006 at 17:08.

18.11.2006 06:48 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: