PBXes » English » News » RE: Press 1 to accept the call
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 13.03.2006

Press 1 to accept the call Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had a client tell me that he was using a service because of the following feature. It would be a huge benefit to add this to the PBX!:

Ring group that hunts for him, however when he answers he must dial "1" to receive the call. This allows him to use his cell phone as one destination, and prevents his forwarded calls from going to his cell phone voice mail, as the voice mail will not dial "1" to accept the call.

10.11.2006 07:43 supernettel3 is offline Search for Posts by supernettel3 Add supernettel3 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is a feature offered by at&t's CallVantage service.

11.11.2006 01:49 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Press 1 to accept the call Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can very much relate this feature request to an episode during my stay in L. A. this September. I was talking half an hour to T-Mobile customer service asking them to deactivate Voicemail on my Pay as You Go card - impossible. I wanted to avoid it answering my calls coming to a ring group when I lost coverage to the T-Mobile network in my appartement in Burbank.

So we have implemented this idea. It's called FollowMe (in classical extensions) and available to all Premium Accounts.

Before prompting the callee to press 1, the PBX announces the caller ID. This is also very useful because the original caller ID normally was not shown when calls got forwarded thru the PBX.

23.11.2006 13:08 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: