PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Prefixing of Caller ID
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Prefixing of Caller ID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like to see prefixing of the Numbers (not names) of caller ID.

In other words, my caller ID on most DIDs shows up as XXX XXX XXXX for N. American calls. In SOME cases I would like to prepend that with a 1 when it comes in from a north american DID so I can use the undocumented #69 feature to call the person back!

Some N american DIDs that I have however always prepend the 1 , so it needs to be an option, and in the case of Mexico DIDs I want to prepend 52.

This may be best done from an inbound route or trunk.

Mark

23.09.2006 10:03 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree this is a worthwhile feature, if it is implemented on a trunk basis.

This will also allow us to read and search the Call Monitor in a more organized fashion.

24.09.2006 00:48 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Prefixing of Caller ID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Try entering the digits as CID name prefix in inbound routing. Then in Source View >> extensions.conf >> ext-did change
Zitat:
SetCIDName(<digits>${CALLERIDNAME})

to
Zitat:
SetCallerID(<digits>${CALLERIDNUM})

10.09.2008 13:27 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
bob

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
RE: Prefixing of Caller ID Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

i-p-tel.

In another thread you confirmed that only pro user could change the settings in source view.

From what I can read most users are premium users. Would you consider premium users to also change these settings.

Maybe you also have a button than where a user can restore his changes to the default setting.

I am sure people will play around, have a problem and don't know the original settings. In that case a restore to default will bring back the default setting.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 15.09.2008 at 10:39.

10.09.2008 16:53 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
dor

+1

10.09.2008 17:46 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Prefixing of CallerID Number when CallerID Name is present Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

In countries where the CallerID Name is sent along with the CallerID Number, the above string replaces the both fields with the prefixed CallerID Number.

So if you wish to display the CallerID Name along with the E.164 prefixed CallerID Number, which in North America happens to be +1 use the string below:

code:

SetCallerID(${CALLERIDNAME} <+1${CALLERIDNUM}>)

This will pass through the CallerID Name if it is present, as well as the prefixed CallerID Number.

13.09.2008 00:13 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ayk

+1 for premium user edit source!

15.09.2008 14:48 ayking is offline Search for Posts by ayking Add ayking to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: