PBXes » English » Bugs » 2 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00 2 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00 2 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00 2 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sky

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Enum Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can't find much about Enum... (not in "help")
so i tried adding one namely trunk ENUM/E164.org
when I wanted to re-edit it... it was "empty"?

Is this a bug?

11.08.2006 15:28 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

ENUM Trunk setup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The way to setup an ENUM trunk is the following, and you only need one since all five major ENUM roots are being consulted.

From the Trunks section click on Add ENUM Trunk. Every option is optional including the trunk's name. Leave the entries of the account section blank, and only fill the Dial Rules box, using the convention Country-Code followed by the appropriate number of xxxxxxes for that country.

As an example the entry for the US and Canada would be 1NxxNxxxxxx The entry for the land-lines of France would be 33[1-5]Zxxxxxxx and for the UK land-lines 44[12]xxxxxxxxx

Strip off any leading 00 or 011 in the Dial Patterns of the Outbound route, and place the ENUM trunk first in its Trunk Sequence.

Then try to call a number which you have verified the existence of its ENUM entry. After the call ends verify which trunk it used in the Call Monitor.

11.08.2006 19:47 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sky

RE: ENUM Trunk setup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

would this be a good one for belgium (0032)
32+XXXXXXXXX (fixed)
32+XXXXXXXXXX (mobile)
0032|32ZXXXXXXXX (fixed stripping 0032, adding 320 fixed)
0032|32ZXXXXXXXXX (fixed stripping 0032, adding 320 mob)
00|XX. for all the rest stripping all leading 00 (+)

12.08.2006 10:59 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
sky

RE: ENUM Trunk setup Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

"all circuits are busy now"...

I tried calling my enum number at e164.org in different formats...

outbound routing -> xx. trunk enum/
enum/ dial patterns (see previous mail)

I have "" in the trunk for all my attempts.... so it couldn't find any outbound routing matching my enum?

12.08.2006 11:04 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

From your previous post I assume that you are in Belgium and do not want to dial 0032+8digits to reach fixed lines in Belgium.

If the above assumption is right, then you have two options. You can either add the 32 in front of the Zxxxxxxx in the dial plan of your ATA, or add the 32 in your PBXes account.

Adding the 32 in the ATA is the cleaner solution, with speed as an advantage since the dialed digits are verified locally instead of on the server. To complete it add this 32Zxxxxxxx in the Dial Patterns of the Outbound Routing, to match fixed lines. The 32Zxxxxxxx should also be added in the Dial Rules of the ENUM trunk, which should be placed first in the Trunk Sequence of the outbound route.

If adding the 32 is not an option in the ATA (no local dial plan) then create a outbound route for Belgium and add this Zxxxxxxx to the Dial Patterns. Then add 32+Zxxxxxxx in the Dial Rules of then ENUM trunk, and also in the Dial Rules of the SIP trunk you will be using to complete the call if the ENUM lookup fails. You might also need to add a 00 or 011 in front of the 32 in the Dial Rules of the SIP trunk, if the trunk provider does not accept the dialed digits in E164 notation.

Since you also mentioned mobile networks, in the Dial Rules of the route for Belgium you should add 4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobile networks and 45[23489]xxxxxx for paging networks.

Lastly a note about generic Dial Patterns such as xxx. which are never a good idea in any system. Since you will most probably be calling certain countries, try and use the appropriate dial pattern for each country. This avoids a lot of trouble later on when other people than yourself will be using the PBXes.

12.08.2006 17:17 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sky

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can do it in one ata only (sipura linksys 3000)
i can't do it in a Grandstream Ata 486 nor a Fritz Fon Ata. (avm)... So i'd like to do it on pbxes...

but the only thing I get is a "busy" or an "all circuits are busy" signal???

is there a difference with + and N and Z?
and what's the exact meaning of dial rules in the trunk and one in the outbound routing?

eg the barablu trunk (voip provider) wants 0032
the enum trunk wants 32 only...

i tried adding '00' as dialing prefix at barablu... but didn't succeed eather unglücklich

so something comes in as:
0XXxxxxxx (fixed)
0XXXxxxxxx (mobile)
will this mean outgoing route:
32NXXxxxxxx
32NXXxxxxxxx
or
32ZXXxxxxxx
32ZXXxxxxxxx
or
32+NXXxxxxxx
32+NXXxxxxxxx
or...

and this has to be added to eather trunk config?

i have 1 outgoing routing
with 2 trunks...first enum then my voip provider?
or should i add 2 outgoing routes...1 to enum and if that fails go to the second?

13.08.2006 17:58 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Dial Plans Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The difference between the N, Z, X among other symbols is illustrated on the following snippet:

X matches any digit from 0-9
Z matches any digit form 1-9
N matches any digit from 2-9
+ adds a dialing prefix from the number (for example, 1613+NXXXXXX would match when some dialed "5551234" and would pass "16135551234" to the trunk)

The meaning of the Dial Patterns in the Outbound Route, is to match the incoming digits from the Extension, with the appropriate route and choose a trunk to complete the call. The Dial Patterns in the Outbound route cannot add anything to the dialed digits, only remove.

The meaning of the Dial Rules in the Trunk configuration, is to prepare the string of dialed digits in an appropriate form, so it can be sent to the trunk which will complete the call.

In your case all fixed lines in Belgium conform to the dial pattern Zxxxxxxx which means the first digit can be any number between 1 and 9 but it cannot be 0. The rest of the 7 digits can be any number between 0 and 9. After this match has been performed the ENUM trunk will be selected and the digits passed to the ENUM trunk, where the following string should be in its' Dial Rules 32+Zxxxxxxx The ENUM trunk requires the number to be in ENUM notation.

If the ENUM lookup fails (i.e.. there is no SIP URI associated with the phone number) the Barablu trunk will be selected from the outbound route, if it is set as the second trunk after the ENUM trunk. The dialed digits will be passed to the Barablu trunk, where the following string should be in its' Dial Rules 0032+Zxxxxxxx

For the above example only one Outbound Route is required with the ENUM trunk in position 0 and the Barablu trunk in position 1, if you want to terminate all the calls to Belgium through Barablu. The Dial Patterns of the route should contain 3 lines. The first line matches all fixed lines, the second all the mobiles, and the third all the pagers.

Zxxxxxxx
4[4789]xxxxxxx
45[23489]xxxxxx

Try the fixed lines first, both through the ENUM trunk and through the Barablu trunk. If calls through both are successful, then add on separate lines in the ENUM trunk's Dial Rules 32+4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobiles and on the Barablu trunk's Dial Rules 0032+4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobiles and 0032+45[23489]xxxxxx for pagers. I doubt if you can reach a pager through an ENUM trunk, but you might reach a mobile with WiFi connectivity.

13.08.2006 23:58 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sky

RE: Dial Plans Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

<quote>
X matches any digit from 0-9
Z matches any digit form 1-9
N matches any digit from 2-9
+ adds a dialing prefix from the number
</quote>

Ouch... I thought I was replacing/removing the 0 with Z or N...
Eg all "city" codes in belgium starts with a 0...

02/XXXXXXX for brussels
051/XXXXXX for Izegem
016/XXXXXX for Leuven
all 9 in length for fixed numbers (France or Germany don't have fixed lengths I think?)

0477/XXXXXX for Mobile Proximus
0486/XXXXXX for Mobile Base/Orange
0478/XXXXXX for Mobile Proximus...

So i'll have to cut the 0 first before adding 0032+ and 32+
is this then with the | ?

14.08.2006 13:42 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
sky

RE: Dial Plans Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok I've got now:
outbound routing:
XX.

and for trunks Enum:
00|XX.
32+0|ZXXXXXXX
32+0|ZXXXXXXXX

and for trunks barablu
0032+0|ZXXXXXXX
0032+0|ZXXXXXXXX
XX.

no idea about "pagers"...
We do have emergency numbers (3 digits) or information & Short Text Message services (4 digits)... But I leave those going through the Pstn line...

14.08.2006 13:57 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

You are correct that all the numbers in Belgium start from 0 when you dial them from inside Belgium. But both trunks require international dialing.

The ENUM formating requires that numbers are in their international form: CountryCode+CityCode+SubscriberNumber. So the 0 should be stripped in the Dial Patterns of the Outbound Route 0|Zxxxxxxx for fixed lines and 0|4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobiles. Then in the ENUM trunk Dial Rules you should add 32+ZXXXXXXX and 32+4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobiles.

Similarly in the Barablu trunk which requires international dial plan 00+CountryCode+CityCode+SubscriberNumber the Dial Pattern in the Outbound route should be 0|Zxxxxxxx for fixed lines and 0|4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobiles. Then in the Barablu trunk Dial Rules you should add 0032+ZXXXXXXX and 0032+4[4789]xxxxxxx for mobiles.

14.08.2006 14:37 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
sch

Hi,
are you sure ENUM works? For me it only works for ENUM listed numbers (I get connected to 1-800-555TELL) but gives 'all devices are busy...' for all others. When you look in the Call monitor, the call is listed without a trunk; so I think the call got stuck in the ENUM trunk....

rgds,
schufti

18.08.2006 17:27 schufti is offline Search for Posts by schufti Add schufti to your Buddy List
mar

Hi everybody,
I have my PSTN number listed in e164.org, I have set up an ENUM trunk with the following dialing rules:
39+0ZX. (add 39 to local numbers)
39+3XX. (add 39 to local mobile numbers)
00|00Z. (remove 00 from international numbers)
but calling my number listed in e164.org the call is not redirected to my voip address.
All outgoing routes are using trunk ENUM as first entry.

What's wrong in my configuration?
Is enum trunk querying also e164.org?

Thanks

26.08.2006 12:59 marcoambu is offline Search for Posts by marcoambu Add marcoambu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hi marcoambu,

Can you please indicate the expression used in the Dial Patterns of the Outbound Routes?

For Italian fixed lines, it is a better idea to match on this expression 0Zxxxxxxxx in the Dial Patterns of the Outbound Routes. In a similar fashion this expression 39+0Zxxxxxxxx should be used in the Dial Rules of both the ENUM and the SIP trunk.

What you are trying to achieve in the last rule, I believe should be expressed as 00|Zxxx. since your aim is to remove the double zero in front of the country code, and not pass it to the ENUM trunk.

The ENUM trunk queries all the ENUM roots that SIP Broker uses. Which of the trunks is listed in the Call Monitor, when you dial your number with the e164.org entry?

27.08.2006 03:35 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mar

Hi,
thanks for your attention.

Dial pattern of outbound route:
0ZX.
that means local numbers without international code
example: 02..., 070...
Dial pattern in the trunk used for local calls:
0039+0ZX.
0039+3XX.
the first for local calls, the second for italian mobile phones

I changed the dial pattern in my enum trunk as you suggested:
39+0ZX.
39+3XX.
00|Z.

So I try to call 0039070845782 listed in e164.org dialing
The sequence should be:
1) match outbound route with pattern 0ZX.
2) look-up enum trunk adding 39: 39070845782
3) call my voip address

The trunk used for this call (listed in call monitor) is the first trunk after ENUM trunk for that outgoing rule.

Thanks

27.08.2006 17:59 marcoambu is offline Search for Posts by marcoambu Add marcoambu to your Buddy List
sky

Diafora is it correct that an enum lookup looks like this in the call logs : (3 seperate calls)
2006-08-29 17:46:47 003251309683 051302777 from-internal 0 sec
2006-08-29 17:46:47 003251309683 1 ext-group 9 sec

2006-08-29 17:37:14 003251309683 1 ext-group 116 sec
2006-08-29 17:37:14 003251309683 051302777 from-internal 1 sec

2006-08-26 17:48:30 003251309683 1 ext-group 28 sec
2006-08-26 17:48:30 003251309683 051302777 from-internal 0 sec

29.08.2006 17:55 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
sky

i've got an enum registered at e164.org which points to an extension at pbxes...

in my outbound trunk it will call first on ENUM and then on a pstn terminating voip provider.

in 1/2 of the cases i notice it chooses the pstn terminating provider...
What's the cause of this?

is the enum lookup too slow? (people do notice there is a large silence when dialing out due to the enum setting)

12.09.2006 12:15 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
mar

After several trials I still cannot call the voip address associated to my PSTN number listed in e164.org. In the call monitor I can't see any entry with trunk ENUM. I have set ENUM as the first trunk for all the outgoing routes.

In addition I don't understand what rule is used to select the trunk from the sequence for an outgoing route.

13.09.2006 09:18 marcoambu is offline Search for Posts by marcoambu Add marcoambu to your Buddy List
sky

the rule is: from top to bottom it will check...

so my outbound route is "xx."
which will run first "Enum" then "barablu" then "yawadoo"
in the enum trunk I remove the "00" or add the "32" countrycode
in the barablu & yawadoo i add 0032 if the phonenumber is not allready international... and remove the "0" from the citycode

in the logs I notice a "1" when the enum is selected...
"barablu" when barablu was used
"yawadoo" when yawadoo was used...

somehow yesterday my two calls made were using yawadoo...although quality is nice... it's not as cheap as barablu... it's even cheaper to call with my mobile operator than via voip when this happens.... but I can't play a message which informs the user of that fact :-)

I'm researching again how to edit a "sip" adres as a classic pstn number.... it was feaseable I thought? hence an extension can only be 6 numbers big... I can't thus enter a normal phonenumber there...

13.09.2006 09:48 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: