PBXes » English » Feature Requests »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Recordings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have tried to record some calls to capture a disconnect tone, but I can not seem to play them back. I have dome clean installs of Media PLayer, Quicktime, and Real Media. Anyone find a way to play them bak or preferrably SAVE the files?

While on the subject of recordings, has anyone discovered the format that the system wants files uploaded in? I have tried various, and none seem to work

26.06.2006 18:01 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Recordings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When you get the popup windows for audio playback choose "view source" to see the URL of your recording. It's like https://www1.pbxes.com/misc/audio.php?re...wav&date=&time=

For the file format see
http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=183

26.06.2006 20:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
efr

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have tried viewing source and getting the file from a URL such as: https://www1.pbxes.com/audio.php?recordi...1408061.412.WAV

However, this does not seem to work.

Also I have tried uploading many formats of files for IVRs even as you described in this other thread all with no luck. I will try with the program that you recommended next.

27.06.2006 14:37 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List
ria

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is there any way we can choose recorded coversations to be emailed to us or have a click to download button? I can't seem to manage to listen to them. I am an opera user which often causes troubles with plugins but I tried it with IE too and realplayer just says it cant find the right codec to play it, I tried extracting the link from the source and pasting that into the browser (that is a bit of hassle everytime you need to listen to your recorded conversations) and that didn't work either! IE just hung and wouldnt download. SO I would very much like a "click to download" button if you get a chance, I know you are very busy

Thanks in advance

23.07.2006 23:39 rianscott is offline Search for Posts by rianscott Add rianscott to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

Following on from my thread I posted this morning.

I'm sorry but your solution doesn't work. Pasting that url directly into Quicktime gives an error saying invalid URL even though it opens if pasted in the browser but you can't save the file from there. I tried it in Media player and got a message saying that it does not have the correct Codec, same story with Real player. What format is the file?

So my question still stands. How do you save the recording to disk? There should really be an option to save the recording from the call log. Having to view the source file and copying the URL for each recording is not really an acceptable solution. We need to save many recordings to disk for replaying for training purposes and it's not practical. Having a recording which you cannot save is not really very helpful.

i-p-tel, you closed my thread and pointed me hear but this is not a solution. From the posts below and my comments above, it's clear it doesn't work and you seemed to have abandoned answering this thread (no reply to this thread since 24 May). What's the point of pointing people here if you haven't satisfactorily answered the question?

15.11.2006 18:53 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Daumen hoch! RE: Recordings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

A download button has been added.

15.11.2006 23:30 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
blu
Doppel-As

Registration Date: 17.09.2006

THX!!!!

Augenzwinkern)))))

16.11.2006 04:49 bluegate is offline Search for Posts by bluegate Add bluegate to your Buddy List
cyb
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 22.07.2006

Fantastic!!! Thanks. großes Grinsen

16.11.2006 12:26 cyberdude is offline Search for Posts by cyberdude Add cyberdude to your Buddy List
sky

I tried playing them
I tried downloading them

i tried with firefox 2
i tried with internet explorer 7

I tried winamp
I tried Quicktime
I tried windows mediaplayer

the wave files for 100 and 200 seconds all were identical -> 1kbyte big... and only contained a "RIFF WAV DATA" header...

but didn't include anything else?

30.11.2006 14:23 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Recordings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If all files are empty please check if "audio bypass" is set to "no". Recording calls does not work together with audio bypass.

06.12.2006 16:55 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sky

audio bypass is set to NO on both extension & trunk
extension 302777
trunk sip.voipcheap.com

audio recording : always (for both)

still wav files are empty?

07.12.2006 15:28 skynetbbs is offline Search for Posts by skynetbbs Add skynetbbs to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Pfeil RE: Recordings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Another possible reason could be the calls been connected with G.729 passthru. This codec does not allow the PBX to record the calls because the packets are just passed thru. To avoid this disable G.729 passthru.

http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1199

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 09.05.2007 at 19:37.

07.12.2006 21:04 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I have tested the recording option and I have the following observations to note.

I was able to record a call between two extensions, if and only if both extensions had the recording option turned on at least according to the direction of the call. i.e. the extesion initiating the call had the option Record Outgoing set to Always, and the receiving extension had the option Record Incoming set to Always. If the receiving extension had the option set to On Demand, no recording link would be produced.

The Audio Bypass option set to No is only required on one of the two extensions not both, while the same holds true for the availability of the G.729 vocoder, for calls between extensions.

I was able to record outgoing calls using trunks from at least two different providers.

The only case in which a recording link was created but the file produced was 60 bytes long and could not be played, was on calls which ended on telco recordings. For example when a mobile phone is turned off, the message from the carrier is not recorded. The media passing through the one way channel created by the 183 Session Progress message is not recorded.

Last but not least, a suggestion for naming the recordings with the dialed number, in the last part of the filename such as:

OUT2002-20061209-212709-441475713350.708.WAV

instead of:

OUT2002-20061209-212709-1165717629.708.WAV

That way the dialed number will be a part of the filename in a similar way the date and time is.

10.12.2006 04:43 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: