PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: extensions and trunks wouldn't register since yesterday
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joh

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
traurig My extension gets grey in the status screen Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

A few hours before I could use my pbxes account to connect to my voip provider.

But now whenever I click setup -> status, my trunk is green but my extension after a few seconds of being green turns into grey... I can't get it.

14.06.2006 21:21 johnybravo is offline Search for Posts by johnybravo Add johnybravo to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It seems that your Extension has stopped registering to the PBX. What type of User Agent are you using for this Extension? (ATA, softphone, etc.)

You can try to change a parameter in the Extension setup and re-apply the changes.

Alternativelly try to use another User Agent to verify you can register to that Extension. Be aware there is an hour (3600 sec) timeout for the old extension, when it registers.

15.06.2006 13:07 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
joh

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to use my Nokia E60 handy. What's weird, that I've already managed to make a few calls with this extension but now it's just simply grey.

15.06.2006 15:14 johnybravo is offline Search for Posts by johnybravo Add johnybravo to your Buddy List
joh

What I can't figure, why does it work sometimes, and why does it stop working next time... Just can't see the logic.

15.06.2006 15:41 johnybravo is offline Search for Posts by johnybravo Add johnybravo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: My extension gets grey in the status screen Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There's an option on the E60 called "show WLAN coverage" (under connections - WLAN). Enable this (scan interval e.g. 5 min).

This makes the phone re-register if it occasionally looses WLAN connection.

15.06.2006 16:48 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
joh

Uhm, I still do not understand, what exactly has my Nokia E60 to do with the extension greying out on the status screen.

The setup -> status screen should show my extension being green if setup correctly and that has nothing to do with the E60 settings, am I correct?

When the extension is OK, then and only then shall I try to make a phone call.

But it's just blody grey... And no info why...

16.06.2006 15:01 johnybravo is offline Search for Posts by johnybravo Add johnybravo to your Buddy List
mbo

The post is correct.

There are many postings out there that show that the on-screen display status of the nokia with respect to the internet phone can be very slow to update, and the phone may have lost its wlan connection and not reconnected.

The PBXEs status page, always starts with the status of both trunks and extensions as green, then checks them and resets them to grey if they are not logged in.

If my E61 is not connected to a WLAN or the phone has decided to disconnect the extension shows as grey.

Try going to the internet phone options and reconnecting - does this help?

16.06.2006 15:10 mbooker is offline Search for Posts by mbooker Add mbooker to your Buddy List
buk

extensions and trunks wouldn't register since yesterday Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi i-p-tel!

First of all let me say that your service and website is a very professional job, and surely useful for a lot of people.

My problem I am writing to you is that neither my trunks neither my extensions doesn't registers since about 21:00 day 16.06. In the status monitor they are grey except the PSTN_Extension

I asked an another friend to check his account's status monitor, but for him every extension and trunk is registered, so it wouldn't be a global failure I was thinking before.

Could you check it please?

Thank you very much!

17.06.2006 20:42 buksika is offline Search for Posts by buksika Add buksika to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: extensions and trunks wouldn't register since yesterday Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I reset your PBX to a defined state. Now it looks much better. We will add a button to perform such a reset soon.

19.06.2006 11:39 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
buk

Thanks it is ok now. The button surely will be more convenient.

19.06.2006 12:00 buksika is offline Search for Posts by buksika Add buksika to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Daumen hoch! RE: extensions and trunks wouldn't register since yesterday Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

We added the reset feature now. A reset is performed whenever the Personal Data is changed (clicking on "Submit & Start"). Although a reset was neccessary only very few times within the first 7 months the service is running, sometimes it might be very helpful.

21.07.2006 16:01 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: