PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: Nokia E60 Settings
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tra

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
traurig Nokia E60 Settings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear All,

Firstly thanks to PBXES I will be able to use my Gizmo SIPphone account on my E60 Nokia handset.

Account already created and PBX configuration done too BUT I tried to register my E60 and doesn't work.

Can somebody provide me his settings or do the PBEXS team have a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

17.05.2006 16:03 transgranitos is offline Search for Posts by transgranitos Add transgranitos to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Text RE: Nokia E60 Settings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The settings are as follows:

Profile Name: arbitrary
Service Profile: IETF
Default Access point: Your Wi-Fi Access Point
Public user name: sip:<account>-<extension>@pbxes.org
Use Compression: No
Use Security: No
--
Proxy Server: sip:188.40.65.148
Realm: pbxes.org
User Name: <account>-<extension>
Password: <password of extension>
Allow loose routing: Yes
Transport Type: TCP
Port: 5060
--
Registrar Server: sip:127.0.0.1

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by i-p on 18.03.2010 at 15:19.

17.05.2006 16:59 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tra

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your cooperation it's working smilesmile

17.05.2006 17:14 transgranitos is offline Search for Posts by transgranitos Add transgranitos to your Buddy List
hri

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi, I've set up my E60 phone according to the settings mentioned above, but I cannot register the phone (I get "service not available" message on the phone).

Access to Internet is working fine over WLAN.

Is it possible that I have problems because I'm behind a firewall with NAT?

Thanks and kind regards,
Hriby

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by hri on 03.06.2006 at 21:30.

03.06.2006 21:28 hriby is offline Search for Posts by hriby Add hriby to your Buddy List
hri

Zitat:
Originally posted by hriby
Hi, I've set up my E60 phone according to the settings mentioned above, but I cannot register the phone (I get "service not available" message on the phone).

Access to Internet is working fine over WLAN.

Is it possible that I have problems because I'm behind a firewall with NAT?

Thanks and kind regards,
Hriby

Hi again - I've managed to register! Perhaps I'd had an issue because of case sensitive names...
Rgds, Hriby

05.06.2006 08:59 hriby is offline Search for Posts by hriby Add hriby to your Buddy List
akl

RE: Nokia E60 Settings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Should I use aklophus200 or aklophus-200 when entering my username and public username....have the setup right here...but can't get the phone to connect.

06.06.2006 19:23 aklophus is offline Search for Posts by aklophus Add aklophus to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: Nokia E60 Settings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's aklophus-200.

06.06.2006 22:15 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
akl

Zitat:
Originally posted by i-p-tel
It's aklophus-200.

Thanx...working now :-)
But now I have problems with incoming calls......do I get an incoming number from you...or should it work with that one from the sip gateway I have set up?

06.06.2006 22:24 aklophus is offline Search for Posts by aklophus Add aklophus to your Buddy List
bob

Have a nokia E75 now, and managed to get sip working.

The only problem now is that I can call out using sip thru pbxes, sound works fine.

Whenever I receive an incoming call I answer but have no sound and after 10-15 seconds the line gets diconnected automatically.

So incoming no sound and automatic disconnetion
outgoing sound works perfect.

What do I need to change to make it work.

Update:

Proxy Server: sip:188.40.65.148
Realm: pbxes.org
User Name: <account>-<extension>
Password: <password of extension>
Allow loose routing: Yes
--
Registrar Server: sip:127.0.0.1

Changed tcp to udp and incoming is now also working.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by bob on 05.07.2010 at 13:57.

18.06.2010 15:10 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Registration Date: 28.07.2008

Hi,
Sorry to drag up an old thread but its relevant as I have a problem using an E60 over Wifi to Pbxes.
I can register the phone and make and receive calls, however I have problems with the audio which is very clear at first but becomes extremely 'choppy' both ways after a few seconds (anything from 1 to 30 seconds).
A few calls are clear all the way through. I have researched and tried all the advanced settings to no avail.
I have a Draytek router on cable broadband and my SPA1001 is always perfectly clear.
This is driving me nuts, has anyone else experienced anything like it ?

Edit: I have changed my router back to an old one. Nokia now works perfectly to all PBXes services like *43 and *97, but no audio on outgoing calls and no connection on incoming calls. Sigh, I only got the phone for VoIP, very disappointed.
Regards

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 23.03.2011 at 11:16.

21.03.2011 21:20 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

The Draytek Vigor routers, incorporate a SIP ALG that sometimes interferes with the Nokia client, if STUN is used on them.

So the STUN function on the SPA and the Nokia client is advisable to be turned off.

What model is the specific Draytek router?

24.03.2011 12:07 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi Diafora,
My normal router is a draytek 2820n using WAN2 plugged in to a cable modem (Virgin). Sip_alg is turned off. I have good performance with my SPA1001 without STUN. The Nokia gives me clear audio for several seconds then abruptly turns choppy, more off than on. This happens with Incoming, Outgoing and PBXes service calls . I tried the Nokia both with and without the advanced settings tool for STUN, no difference.

I changed the router for an old spare Azurewave. The SPA remains ok, but totally different results with the Nokia. Clear PBXes services like *43 and *97, but erratic calls with no audio on incoming and outgoing. Again advanced settings make little or no difference.

Seems strange that the Nokia behaves so differently with the 2 routers while the SPA remains untroubled.

Edit: Sorted, tried a very old (and very cheap) DLink router which worked first time without any problem. I am somewhat annoyed that my expensive Draytek cannot do the same.

Ron

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tel on 28.03.2011 at 23:37.

24.03.2011 19:53 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Hey Ron,

I use the 2820n router as well, with a few IP phones, some on Public and some on Private IPs. The Vigor's SIP ALG is ON, STUN is OFF on all the phones, and its' QoS is set to prioritize VoIP packets in both directions.

The last time I used the Nokia SIP stack was a couple of months ago, when I was setting up the built-in client on an N97 mini. It took me a long time to finally get it to work, and it was not very reliable to operate.

Based on my experience, the Nokia SIP client is not to be used on a daily basis, as a main extension to deliver calls consistently. There are other SIP clients for Symbian which you can use to mitigate some of its' issues. One you might try is the Media5-fone from a company that provides support even on their free version.

It has been my overall experience, that dual mode handsets (WiFi with SIP / GSM or UMTS) are not fit for active duty like desktop IP phones or ATAs are. They are more fit for infrequent calls when you are out of the office close to a WiFi hotspot, or via a reliable 3G data plan. That's it.

For home or office use, I would suggest using a DECT IP phone like the Gigaset A580 IP which enables you to move around. The DECT wireless interface is optimized for phone use only, whereas the WiFi interface is optimized for PC data transfer and thus designed not to turn off its' radio. WiFi performance is finicky on almost all dual mode handsets, and this has detrimental effects on voice quality, let alone their battery life.

To make a long story short, I wouldn't stop using the 2820n with its' advanced capabilities, and replace it with a simplistic DLink router, just to allow the Nokia SIP stack to properly operate. I would either get another handset or try a different SIP app.

29.03.2011 12:28 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tel
Premium Account

Hi Diafora,
Yes, I think you are right. Each router I tried gave different results with the Nokia whilst behaving perfectly with the SPA.
I bought the E60 for only a couple of pounds off e-bay for a friend abroad who has no fixed line or broadband, but the local bar has free wifi - it may work well enough for for him to phone home !
I have forgiven my Draytek and reinstated it !!
Ron

29.03.2011 13:43 telagente00 is offline Search for Posts by telagente00 Add telagente00 to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: