PBXes » English » Providers »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dke

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
how to dial FWD *1800 numbers? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've created a trunk to FreeWorldDialup (fwd.pulver.com) and it works both incoming and outbound. However I can't dial toll-free numbers, for example any US 1-800-xxx-xxxx number. FWD requires that toll free are prefixed with an * (asterix) but this seams to get interpreted as meaning something else by i-p-tel PBX.

Ideally I'd like to create a outbound route that recognises 800/888/877/866 and then automatically prefixes the * then sends it to FWD. Is it possible to configure this?

Thanks,
DAK.

03.02.2006 04:28 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: how to dial FWD *1800 numbers? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

DAK,

I can't tell you how to automatically prefix the * but I can help you with dialing *1800 numbers.

In your outbound route the wildcard "XXX." stands for all numbers starting with a digit from 0 to 9. Add the dial pattern "*XXX." Then it will use the associated trunk for numbers starting with an asterisk as well.

Regards,
Pascal

03.02.2006 15:49 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mar

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I believe you can also send those to sipphone , and they may not require the *

Also if you happen to be using Linksys or Sipura UAs try using the dialplan from www.sipbroker.com, however this will bypass the PBX functions.

17.02.2006 18:50 markosjal is offline Search for Posts by markosjal Add markosjal to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: how to dial FWD *1800 numbers? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Why use sipbroker for Linksys or Sipura UAs? Please explain.

Regards,
Pascal

18.02.2006 13:03 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When the SipBroker dial plan or any one of its´variants are installed on a PAP2 or Sipura, all calls can first be checked for an ENUM equivalent. What this means is that when you dial a number if an ENUM entry exists for that number, that call will bve routed via ENUM , and not by the SIP Proxy programmed into your Sipura or PAP2 .

My numbers for instance all have enum entries via e164.org, so anyone using sipbroker can call any one of my numbers and it is a free call. Furthermore some variants of thatt dial plan use FWD or SIPPhone for toll free numbers. The thing I have experienced however is that sometimes I can not make toll free calls using FWD; particularly after making a few one right after another.

On the alternative, I may recommend the following,

Implement SIPBroker at the server level here

Implement free north american Toll fre calling from
http://www.trxtel.com/index.php?page=Tollfree_Termination
Of course it would be very nice if this had an optional override feature that you could choose toll free rtouting from FWD, or SIPPhone. AS I recall SIPPhone and FWD offer more than Just North American toll free, so they could both be used to cover the respective countries they offer. Toll Free is not a part of sipbroker.

EDIT
OOPS I forgot to menbtion Peering codes as well, for instance wioth sipbroker you can dial *393 and dial to free world dial up or any one of a multitude of other networks, in fact more peering codes are available on sipbroker than on any other network.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sup on 19.02.2006 at 01:01.

19.02.2006 00:52 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
dke

Sorry I have not responded since my original post... 2 weeks vacation in the Alps took me offline.

*XXX. does work, but it would be nice to have it automatically added. I thought of using the dialplan in my Sipura but have not tried that yet (I have a different Sipura problem that I'll post separately). I did not think of sipbroker, but will look into that option too.

Thanks
DAK

20.02.2006 17:09 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
dke

trxtel Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the pointer to trxtel.com. I created a trunk to voip.trxtel.com, no userid or password. Then setup a route to it for 1800/1866/1877/1888 numbers and it works nicely.
I also setup a trunk for sipphone where I have an account and a route for *1800/etc to it. And it also works well. Like you I have had problems with FWD getting to tollfree reliably, sometimes I get an "all circuits are busy" message.

On initial testing, it seems that sipphone has better voice quality than trxtel... but time will tell as I use it more.

DAK

20.02.2006 23:04 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Daumen hoch! RE: how to dial FWD *1800 numbers? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Today we have added the option of complex dial rules for trunks. So a prefix can be added for certain destinations.

Thanks for the discussion,
Pascal

23.02.2006 19:25 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
dke

Thanks, this is working nicely now... I can prefix the * automatically in the trunk specification.

Now, if voicemail SIP Notify was working (see my post in bugs section) then this would be ready for prime time.

Thanks,
DAK

24.02.2006 04:07 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: