PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: ERROR speak ARABIC
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SIP

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
ERROR speak ARABIC Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

My phone rings, I pickup and : hello
The caller: salamu alikum,
I stopped for a while and, wa alikum aslam I answered back.
caller: who are you?
SIP: geschockt Haaaam,,, aren't you calling me? verwirrt
caller: Sorry but I am calling my ext 200 on I-P-Tel
SIP: It's ok!!! it happens
Caller: can you please help me setting this thingout, I am new to this?
SIP: sure I'll do what ever I can, but tell me first, how did you dialed to call?
caller: I dialed sip/200
SIP: geschockt that's all?
caller: I think so.

I went to my call monitor and my status and they show <800> calling <767> !!!!

how come he called my <767> while dialling 200??? ok it can be easy, but you have to know that i have no extensions exept <767>and<535> !!!! may be you have an answer but for me
it still funny and scarry meanwhile.

furthermore we went and he gave me his account user name and password, all this while we were still
talking.
and when I logged on guess what? He is not on his pbx.
He claims that he is calling from his PBX, but he does not seem to be online at all.
to make sure i checked his call monitor and there is not a single call out or in, the account is
brand new!!!
ok it might happen if he is calling from other provider, that what I thought untill I
figured out that his soft phone has no other provider or any thing, his is using Xlit for the 1st time.
and even if he has it with any provider or even from his own IP I should see 800@hisip, but nothing.

Now think about it like that:

some one calls from his sipphone to (SIP/200) while his phone is not configured to use any server
and the call comes to SIP-767@pbx.i-p-tel.com
meanwhile SIP account on I-P-TEL does not have any extention called 200 not to forget that the guy is not connected to his account@pbx.i-p-tel.com

before I put my tangue on my head I have to tell you 2 funny things, the 1 is that both of us are not Arab but we used Arabic to communicate since it is the 3nd language for both of use. the guy is from Germany and I am from some other place großes Grinsen .
the 2nd thing is the most important!!!! It is that whenever he calls any number from 3 digits with or without the switch (sip/) he finds himself ringing me.
I find no logical way to explain that!!! may be it is due to my shortage of knowlge, but I absolutly beleive in destiny, since we are now bussines partners Freude

Dear Dr Pascal you can feel free to loggon my account and check all that, since I might be mistaken

15.04.2006 09:05 SIP is offline Search for Posts by SIP Add SIP to your Buddy List
efr

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Similar Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had a similar call some weeks ago, and I was 98 percent sure that it was an IP Tel user. The user however was not helpful in sorting the thing out with me however.

16.04.2006 17:50 efrat is offline Search for Posts by efrat Add efrat to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: ERROR speak ARABIC Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

I can tell you how it works. You have an inbound routing without trunk name and without Caller ID so all incoming calls are routed thru that rule which points to extension 767. So anybody dialing sip@pbx.i-p-tel.com rings your phone.

Best regards,
Pascal

17.04.2006 01:38 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: