PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: PDA Friendly Mini Control Page
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dub

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
PDA Friendly Mini Control Page Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It never fails. When I am out of the office, something goes down and I need to reset things. Many times it is simple as finding a place to get on the net and then going to client information and simply resubmitting. The problem is getting to the net.

It would great if you could do a PDA friendly page with a couple of the top command.s I have actually used my Nokia browser to reset things, but try doing this from the little screen on an E65. It is really not fun.

21.02.2008 15:20 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

That sounds very interesting, something like a text only page with a limited amount of settings.

What settings would you consider important to be included into it?

21.02.2008 18:02 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dub

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

At minimum the resubmit button. Additionally, I'd like to be able to pull up as text files the log files. It gives you a clue about what is working and what isn't A callback button to a preregistered mobile might also be helpful. That number would then be an extension for purposes of changing system greetings and other issues.

22.02.2008 20:25 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Let me restate what you proposed, to ensure I got your suggestions right.

The Mobile browser web interface, designed to be viewed in limited resolution screens, should include the following:

• The "Submit & Start" button found in the Personal Data section.
• The System Log entries as a .txt downloadable file.
• The Call Monitor entries as a .csv downloadable file.
• A CallBack button which dials a Classic extension for the purpose of drawing dial-tone from the account or to reach the IVR.

23.02.2008 00:42 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
dub

You've stated my idea correctly. I was hoping other people out there might have helped conceive of this, but yes!

24.02.2008 18:14 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Show of hands Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since your idea is now adequately documented and confirmed, the usual process of showing hands for this feature, is now open.

All the users who consider this to be a valuable feature, post a message in this thread.

24.02.2008 23:23 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ste

i would have use for this.

13.04.2008 17:21 stephenc01 is offline Search for Posts by stephenc01 Add stephenc01 to your Buddy List
pas
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 03.08.2006

Yes, it would be very useful for basic functions such as restarting.

15.04.2008 18:39 pasqualei is offline Search for Posts by pasqualei Add pasqualei to your Buddy List
woo

RE: PDA Friendly Mini Control Page Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would use it while traveling. It would be great to tweak settings, change routes, etc. I would prefer a non-WAP type page that would work with a PDA or a smartphone.

27.08.2008 00:35 woody is offline Search for Posts by woody Add woody to your Buddy List
mem

RE: PDA Friendly Mini Control Page Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

...Raising hand...

27.08.2008 19:54 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

There are already two mini control pages available:

04.09.2008 01:50 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: