PBXes » English » Miscellaneous » RE: Classic extension
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ahs

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Classic extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

i have a *@home running and i wud like to add that classic extension function in it ,

Rightnow i m using custom-ext for this type of forwarding but having the classic function will more simplify that forwarding function.

will appreciated any advice

Thanks

23.03.2006 13:01 Ahsan is offline Search for Posts by Ahsan Add Ahsan to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

If you are looking for support for Asterisk@home, That is not what this forum is. This forum is about the IPPBX functions at i-p-tel.com. If you are asking about classic extensions for the IP PBX functions then please do not confuse the issue with your asterisk@home.

24.03.2006 17:00 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
vir

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

BTW, What is the difference between a SIP and a Classic extension in IPTEL/PBX?

24.03.2006 18:04 virtualorbis is offline Search for Posts by virtualorbis Add virtualorbis to your Buddy List
dke

A classic extension is a regular phone number that will get routed to a trunk following whatever dial plans are setup in your outbound routing. It will cost whatever you are billed by the trunk you use. A mobile phone could be a classic extension. Classis extensions can only receive calls... they cannot make calls through i-p-tel.

A SIP extension is a userid@sipproxy-address that will be sent an INVITE following SIP protocol to create a voice connection. No costs involved. A soft phone or ATA or IP-Phone is a SIP extension. A SIP extension that is hosted by i-p-tel (user-101@pbx.i-p-tel.com) can make and receive calls. A SIP extension somewhere else (anyone@some-sip-proxy.com) can only receive calls through i-p-tel.

DAK

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dke on 24.03.2006 at 19:11.

24.03.2006 19:09 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Text Callback and Callthru Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There are special ways classic extensions can make calls through the PBX. These are callback and callthru which may be configured in inbound routing.

I just wanted to add this point for the sake of completeness.

Thanks,
Pascal

24.03.2006 21:28 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
iva
Premium Account

Registration Date: 30.04.2009

RE: Classic extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

When creating/configuring a classic extension one has the option of setting the outbound CID (caller-id). Since a classic extension is used for inbound calls, I can't figure out when setting the outbound CID would have any effect.

Of course a SIP extension can originate an outbound call, so the outbound CID has an obvious purpose.

Just a curiosity. Thanks.

03.09.2011 05:22 ivancich is offline Search for Posts by ivancich Add ivancich to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

RE: Classic extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

A classic extension is used to trigger an outbound call, using an existing trunk, selected via the appropriate outbound route.

So, if the trunk's provider (ITSP) allows you to set the CallerID for delivery to the PSTN destination, being able to set it on the Classic extension permits the flexibility to do so on an extension basis, instead of on a trunk basis.

08.09.2011 07:54 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: