PBXes » English » Feature Requests » RE: Notification of Missed Calls
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Notification of Missed Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I would like to propose a feature where we can get notified via email for the missed calls calls which arrived on extensions, even if the caller did not leave a message.

The email message can be a simple as the following, by omitting whatever is in the brackets. That would make it friendly to character limiting SMS messages.

Subject: Missed call from +xxxxxxxxxxx (Caller-ID)
Date: Month DD, 2007
To: whatever@testdomain.com

You had a missed call from +xxxxxxxxxxx (Caller-ID) to +xxxxxxxxxxx (DID).

28.11.2007 23:34 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
ozp

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree this would be a good feature, but I also wanted to let you know if you want a quick solution, there are softphone programs out there that offer this feature and could easily be set-up to accomplish this task.

For example, you could setup the softphone with a new extension that is part of a Ring Group or Queue with the other extensions that you want notifications for.

Edit: I may have overestimated how many softphones support this feature, I somewhat assumed it was fairly common yet most of the popular softphones don't seem to support it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ozp on 29.11.2007 at 17:43.

29.11.2007 17:22 ozpoole is offline Search for Posts by ozpoole Add ozpoole to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

An email notification can help you keep track of all the calls and provide an audit trail, without having to keep a PC on with an active soft-phone.

30.11.2007 03:28 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
bob

do you also want to receive a missed call from a call without caller id ?

What would be more helpfull is also if the log of pbxes can be downloaded. I have mentioned this several times in some threads, one got deleted (don't know why).
As having the log file in for example xls format can help to analyse traffic or lookup received or outgoing calls.

30.11.2007 09:24 bobmats is offline Search for Posts by bobmats Add bobmats to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Missed Calls Notification justification Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

To answer your question, I would like to get a Missed Call Notification, even for the calls which don't display Caller-ID. The reason being, that I now look at the Call Monitor for the trunk on which the call arrived on.

In the above case the MCN message would be:

Subject: Missed call from Anonymous
Date: Month DD, 2007
To: whatever@testdomain.com

You had a missed call from Anonymous to Trunk-Name.

Regarding the subject of the downloadable Call Monitor entries (CDRs), there is at least one thread on the Features Request sub-forum, which mentions its' functionality. http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=834

If it is an important feature for quite a few individuals, let's have a show of hands on the above thread, where we ask again politely, for it to be implemented.

11.12.2007 04:02 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
baz

RE: Notification of Missed Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Did anything happen regarding this...? I can't see the option anywhere but I'm a bit of a newbie. Anyway, it's certainly something I'd be interested in doing so that I can call back potential clients.

Cheers
Barry

08.02.2010 15:08 bazmercer is offline Search for Posts by bazmercer Add bazmercer to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

RE: Notification of Missed Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It hasn't happened yet, AFAIK. Keep asking for it, if you think is a valuable addition.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dia on 15.02.2010 at 12:12.

08.02.2010 19:24 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 28.10.2007

I think that it is a good feature.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tij on 13.02.2010 at 23:24.

13.02.2010 23:23 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
dor

Agree, it would very valuable

05.03.2010 16:51 doronin is offline Search for Posts by doronin Add doronin to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Oh Lord.

I think we need more readers to this forum. I say again: This features is great !!!

05.03.2010 18:25 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Hey, hey, no double voting. großes Grinsen

Count my 2nd vote too.

05.03.2010 20:09 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
usi

Agree, it would very valuable 2

05.03.2010 21:13 usina is offline Search for Posts by usina Add usina to your Buddy List
req

Hey guys. This is a really great feature ! I need it ! Of course I agree too. Is it working fine ?

05.03.2010 21:17 requisitte is offline Search for Posts by requisitte Add requisitte to your Buddy List
dam
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 30.04.2009

Agree, it would very valuable
Pleaseeee!!!! gogogoog!!!!

05.03.2010 21:24 damape is offline Search for Posts by damape Add damape to your Buddy List
dan

Yessssssss. Please I want too . großes Grinsen

05.03.2010 21:33 danielmachado is offline Search for Posts by danielmachado Add danielmachado to your Buddy List
neo
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.11.2007

Daumen hoch! RE: Notification of Missed Calls Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

It would be more than excellent this option, you can count on me if you need to make test!

Was very good this option, I'm a more joined the group.

05.03.2010 21:51 neopark is offline Search for Posts by neopark Add neopark to your Buddy List
tij
Grünschnabel

Zitat:
Originally posted by Diafora
Hey, hey, no double voting. großes Grinsen

Count my 2nd vote too.

Ok Diafora. I know. You`re a great man....großes Grinsengroßes Grinsen

It is not a double voting. This feature is great. That`s my desire. So. I`ll be waiting.

06.03.2010 01:04 tijuca is offline Search for Posts by tijuca Add tijuca to your Buddy List
req

Hello Diafora.

Any news about it ?

11.03.2010 01:21 requisitte is offline Search for Posts by requisitte Add requisitte to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Not that I know of, but keep in mind there will be an announcement in this thread, when it will be implemented.

11.03.2010 10:39 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
mon
Premium Account

Registration Date: 17.10.2007

Is there any news when going to implement Notification of Missed Calls this feature is very important and useful, waiting anxiously.

20.08.2010 11:15 montoo is offline Search for Posts by montoo Add montoo to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: