PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
itg
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 15.01.2007

How to enable/disable voicemail ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is there a code for enable/disable the voicemail directly from the extension ?

Thank

26.11.2007 13:48 itgs is offline Search for Posts by itgs Add itgs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The VoiceMail functionality of an extension cannot be enabled or disabled via dialing a short code.

I am curious though, for what kind of application you would need to turn the VoiceMail on and off via the extension.

26.11.2007 18:19 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
itg
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

First of all, thanks for your reply.

The reason is that if the operator is in the office but far from the telephone, I don't want the calling customers to think there is nobody in.

Our customers are used to know that voice mail works when the office is closed.

Anyway, I don't want increase the time out for voice mail.

Maybe I'm a little weird.. ?!?!?
:-)

26.11.2007 18:46 itgs is offline Search for Posts by itgs Add itgs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Here is a suggestion, which might resolve your issue.

Get an ATA, and configure another PBXes extension on it. Hook up a cordless (DECT) phone on it.

Create a Ring group with the original operator's extension and the new ATA's extension. In the "ring strategy" leave the default "ringall" setting.

Assign the Ring Group you just created, as the Destination for the existing Inbound Route. Now when the operator's line rings she will be able to answer from any of the 2 extensions, one of which can move around.

26.11.2007 22:33 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: How to enable/disable voicemail ? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There are two other solutions I can imagine:

• You could use the short codes to activate/deactivate call forwarding to another extension which has voicemail turned on.
  • You could send calls directly to voicemail after hours. During regular hours you send them to the extension which has voicemail turned off.

26.11.2007 23:10 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
itg
Grünschnabel

I wish to thank Diafora and I-P-Tel for the solutions.

Another question:

is there a way to delete all voicemail messages in a shot ?

And more...
don'tyou have any solution for my Queues issue (see my old previous post) ?

Thanks

27.11.2007 20:00 itgs is offline Search for Posts by itgs Add itgs to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

How to delete all voicemail messages Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

You can delete all the voicemail messages, by logging in to the account of the individual extension.

To delete the voicemail messages of extension 200, login with username itgs-200 and password the voicemail password of extension 200.

You can then select all the voicemail files and delete them.

28.11.2007 20:26 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
itg
Grünschnabel

I didn't know this feature. Thanks a lot !

And what about the call monitor ?
For how many time it store the calls list ?
Is it possible to eliminate all the calls list ?

Where I can find a complete guide to functionalities of Pbxes ?

Thanks

29.11.2007 10:51 itgs is offline Search for Posts by itgs Add itgs to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: