PBXes » English » Terminal Equipment » RE: 729 + Edge + Second Account
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tom
Premium Account

Registration Date: 25.04.2007

729 + Edge + Second Account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi
I don't want to enable 729 on my premium account because I don't want to loose the hold and tranfer functions.
Nokia e61i supports EDGE but not HDSPA and the quality of voice with sip-pbxes on the UMTS network i very poor so I believe that if I use 729 it will be better.
Can I enable 729 just on a specific extension not affecting the others? If yes anyone have experienced sip calls with nokia e61 on UMTS + 729?
If cannot be done can I subscribe a second account on pbxes and link the 2 accounts?
thanks
Tommaso

14.10.2007 19:35 tommasodemot is offline Search for Posts by tommasodemot Add tommasodemot to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: 729 + Edge + Second Account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Linking two accounts for G.729 would only work if you purchase full G.729 in the shop. However, full support does not affect transfer and hold. So two accounts would not be neccessary.

If you don't want to buy the upgrade you could work with this solution: http://www1.pbxes.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=1658

19.10.2007 20:52 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tom
Premium Account

Registration Date: 25.04.2007

G729 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

For me is fine to upgrade to full g729 support and to buy time and having Yiannis configuring everything. That can be a solution.

Upgrading to G729 will affect just fax reception, am I right?
The quality of voice of the digital receptionist and hold is the same?
Can I decide on my clients (phones-softphones) if to use G711 OR G729 once I've upgraded?

This is because I want G729 ****just**** on a specific extension

regards

20.10.2007 06:34 tommasodemot is offline Search for Posts by tommasodemot Add tommasodemot to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Pfeil RE: 729 + Edge + Second Account Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Voice quality of the digital receptionist may be affected, depending on whether your provider supports G.729. This might be a reason to really purchase G.729 on a second account or to implement the alternative described in the linked thread.

22.10.2007 01:23 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: