PBXes » English » Providers » forward
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tom
Premium Account

Registration Date: 25.04.2007

fax not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't receive faxes on the system fax. If I try to send a fax and I go to the call monitor the call arrives:

2007-08-25 09:49:56 004021xxxxxx in_fax voip.eutelia.it ext-fax 43 sec

and is answered by asterisk but I don't get the mail with the fax, nothing happends!

25.08.2007 09:55 tommasodemot is offline Search for Posts by tommasodemot Add tommasodemot to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

RE: fax not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

As you know Eutelia is using VAD (Voice Activity Detection). In the early days of VoIP I learned that this does not interoperate with fax protocol.

25.08.2007 10:57 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
tom
Premium Account

Registration Date: 25.04.2007

forward Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

but it supports the fax protocol. If I forward it to a Fritz! witha fax machine it works fine....

25.08.2007 10:59 tommasodemot is offline Search for Posts by tommasodemot Add tommasodemot to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: