PBXes » English » News »
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Text Handoff WLAN/GSM Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

A new feature supporting the Nokia E-series of WLAN/GSM phones has been implemented.

When a phone disconnects from PBXes due to loosing WLAN coverage PBXes will now announce a transfer to the other party and put it on hold with music. At the same time the phone gets called over SIP and PSTN to re-connect the call automatically. The PSTN number can be set by *92 (Call Forwarding on Unavailable Activation).

This works perfect when moving from one WLAN cell to another and also when leaving the office and switching an ongoing call to GSM. The Handoff option has to be set on the extension. This option is only available to Premium Accounts and PBXes PRO.

To run the update click "Submit & Start" in "Personal Data".

19.08.2007 01:26 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
idu

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Fragezeichen Handoff not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tried *92 to create a fowarding phonenumber and iptel rejects my call stating "address not in us". Why doesn't *92 work?

01.09.2007 13:23 idurrani is offline Search for Posts by idurrani Add idurrani to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Pfeil RE: Handoff not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

There was an error in the Wiki which is corrected now. The *92 code is to be followed by the destination number that you want calls to be forwarded to.

01.09.2007 19:59 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
idu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry my fault, it worked. This doesn't seem to be like "call fowarding no reply". It will only forward once the handy loses the wifi connection. What do you call the "call forwarding no reply" feature and what star code is needed?

01.09.2007 22:13 idurrani is offline Search for Posts by idurrani Add idurrani to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Pfeil RE: Handoff not working Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

"Call forwarding no reply" can be done with a ring group. This has nothing todo with this new feature which means handing over an ongoing call from one network to another.

01.09.2007 23:32 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
idu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

thanks

Can you tell me as how will I acheive call forwarding no reply to a pstn or a cell phone.

Also do you guys ve a feature where I can during a call hand switch the call between a wifi to desk phone or the other way round?

02.09.2007 11:35 idurrani is offline Search for Posts by idurrani Add idurrani to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

As mentioned "call forwarding no reply" can be done with a ring group and does not belong to this subject!

Handswitching may be done by using the call transfer codes (see Wiki for details).

02.09.2007 16:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
idu

Thanks much

02.09.2007 17:08 idurrani is offline Search for Posts by idurrani Add idurrani to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: