PBXes » English » Queues, Digital Receptionist, Faxmail, Voicemail and Ring Groups » RE: Fax
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sup
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 18.02.2006

Fax Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Has anyone had any success with the fax optins?

I have an existing DID I have used with Fax that seems to work about 75% of the time.

I was hoping I might be able to try the fax here, but I can never seem to get it to pick up.

I was hoping to use that DID for dedicated fax, so I am not talking about automatic fax detection, it shoulds always be answered as a fax..

11.03.2006 06:23 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
dke

Registration Date: 01.01.1970
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I tried FAX tonight and it is not working for me either... I tried both having the PBX system detect it and e-mail me, and setting it to direct to a particular extension. Neither worked.

DAK

18.03.2006 04:06 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

How do you set up a fax extension?
I had hoped to find that was possible, and never could find it.

18.03.2006 08:24 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
dke

Zitat:
Originally posted by supernettel
How do you set up a fax extension?
I had hoped to find that was possible, and never could find it.

Inbound routing.... My interpretation of the setting being what to do if a fax tone is detected on a given trunk. General Settings also lets you specific a destination for faxes.

But, as I posted earlier... fax tone detection does not appear to work.

DAK

19.03.2006 20:37 dkerr is offline Search for Posts by dkerr Add dkerr to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Registration Date: 14.01.2006

Daumen hoch! RE: Fax Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi DAK,
Hi Mark,

thanks for your initial testing.

Today we have revised fax reception. To use a DID for dedicated fax just create an incoming route with a dummy destination and set fax extension to "system".

Pascal

21.03.2006 00:12 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Unexpected FAX success! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pascal and others,

I had not read this thread, and I went back to battling with the Fax option . I actually received a FAx from the IPtel system, but I believe I have located a bug, as to why the Fax switch option did not work! Please check the BUGS section.

21.03.2006 08:14 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
vir

Did you got this fax feature working?

05.04.2006 16:33 virtualorbis is offline Search for Posts by virtualorbis Add virtualorbis to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

Actually, I was able to receive a FAx from the IPTEL server. Oddly enough it was with the FAx option turned off and the DID directed to a fax number. The receipt of the fax was an accident as the fax detect optrion was OFF! I surprisingly received the fax from IP tel and not from K7 where I thought I might receive it

06.04.2006 06:51 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Daumen hoch! RE: Fax Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi,

fax detection should work now, too.

Best regards,
Pascal

09.04.2006 16:36 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
sup
Grünschnabel

I have npow successfully directed 2 DIDs to FAx, and I believe they are working., I will be curios to see if there are conenction problems

10.04.2006 05:12 supernettel is offline Search for Posts by supernettel Add supernettel to your Buddy List
dub

Can we create virtual faxes on our system? My fax is working great. I'd like to create an exfax style box and program the system to call forward when busy from the hardwired fax line (which is on an easypbx line) to the virtual fax on busy or no answer.

26.08.2006 06:51 dubaistu is offline Search for Posts by dubaistu Add dubaistu to your Buddy List
isl
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 24.05.2006

Problmes with fax extension Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am unable to get the fax extension to work

I setup trunk
Added incoming route for line as follows
Fax extension System
Email my email address
Fax switch to Yes
Set Destination Extension with no phone

I do not get fax signal when i call line. I get busy signal. Am I doing something wrong?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by isl on 05.03.2007 at 15:14.

05.03.2007 15:14 islandus is offline Search for Posts by islandus Add islandus to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Fax Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

To diagnose this please check if your inbound route is working properly i.e. disable fax and let the extension ring.

05.03.2007 18:51 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gol
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 31.07.2006

I can't receive faxes either. I've had one DID that I receive calls on no problem. I set the extension of fax machine to system and put my email address there, but when I try to send a fax to my DID, my phone rings and eventually I get a voicemail message of the fax. Why is the system not recognizing a fax? Is there something I should do that I haven't? Can I use my existing DID or do I have to have a separate one?

22.03.2007 20:51 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
Dia
Premium Account

Registration Date: 03.03.2006

I would like to start by mentioning that FoIP is not a very successful proposition. The T.38 is not even a fully ratified standard.

Having said that, one of the limitations of DIDs is the vocoders they support. If your DID does not support G.711 then faxing can prove to be somewhere between very difficult to impossible.

From what you describe though, the fax call comes into your PBXes account, but fails to be recognized as a fax. The vocoder is where you need to look into next.

If all else fails consider a fax to email service.

23.03.2007 01:31 Diafora is offline Search for Posts by Diafora Add Diafora to your Buddy List
gol
Grünschnabel

I should mention that my DID is from sipgate. I will try to find out if sipgate supports G.711.

What is a vocoder?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gol on 23.03.2007 at 07:53.

23.03.2007 07:53 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

RE: Fax Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator       IP Information Go to the top of this page

The fax switch does not work with sipgate. With this provider you would actually need to have a separate DID for fax.

23.03.2007 09:09 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
gol
Grünschnabel

Can the separate, dedicated DID for fax be from Sipgate?

23.03.2007 11:06 golek is offline Search for Posts by golek Add golek to your Buddy List
i-p
Super Moderator

Yes.

23.03.2007 21:05 i-p-tel is offline Search for Posts by i-p-tel Add i-p-tel to your Buddy List
mds
Grünschnabel

Registration Date: 16.04.2012

Faxes to my account don't appear to be getting delivered to the email. They show up in call monitor but don't get delivered. Is there a bug?

19.11.2013 18:52 mdsanders is offline Search for Posts by mdsanders Add mdsanders to your Buddy List

Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to: